32x32 Challenge: The King's Keep

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Bucks
Gong Farmer

32x32 Challenge: The King's Keep

Post by Bucks »

Here's my attempt at the challenge, and also my first MOC. I started work on the tower well before the challenge was announced, and while not strictly a castle, I thought it would be a good opportunity to enter my first 'challenge'. I used up almost all of my bluish grey bricks anyway so I don't think I'd have enough for a proper castle.

(Can't seem to upload at the moment so this is the best thumbnail I have)

Full gallery:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=398638
outcast
Apprentice

Re: 32x32 Challenge: The King's Keep

Post by outcast »

Well the folder is not yet public (that takes time) but from what I can see from the picture, I'm impressed. I'm a big fan of towers and other out-postey (???) sort of things and this looks like a beauty.

And don't worry about not having much Bley. I have even less.

EDIT: alright, now that I can see the thing much more clearly...I'm extremely impressed. The amount of detail is brilliant and there is nothing that draws the attention away from anything else. Everything just seems to fit.
Last edited by outcast on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Empire is no more, and now the Lion & Wolf shall cease.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Welcome to Classic-Castle first off :wave: Ok, so it isn't a castle, but it is a 32 x 32 MOC with the challenge in mind. The things I like about the MOC are the shape of the tower (the depth differential), the way you attached the flags, the shape of the roof, and the way the balcony over hangs on the bottom. The lil waterfall and the way the tree is coming out of the rock are real nice touches. The boat is well constructed and a cool little detail to offset the scale.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
lefty
Villein

Post by lefty »

I like the car part over the door, it looks really good.
Barbrickian
Freeman

Post by Barbrickian »

Very nice. I like the parts that hang down off of the cantilevered sections. They give it a very menacing look.
eti
Serf

Post by eti »

It's excellent. Love that little ship! And the bushy tree.
The building is castley enough I think, with that bridge and the knight that defends it...
But i'm not a real castle builder myself either, so I don't even know if my entry can really be called a castle...
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Post by the_Rascal_King »

I love, love, love that little waterfall!
-Jason
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... alKing1083]the Rascal King[/url]