Does anybody play Soul Calibur 4?

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Knight of Honor
Apprentice

Does anybody play Soul Calibur 4?

Post by Knight of Honor »

I think that SC4 is a good game in today's standards. It has fun gameplay, but has horribly bad endings for the characters. My favorite character is probably The Apprentice because he is so rigged. Darth Vader has epicly cool moves though. What do you guys think?
--Knight :D
Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations
It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces
Blaze Ryder
Peasant

Re: Does anybody play Soul Calibur 4?

Post by Blaze Ryder »

SC4 was amazing when it came out, especially the custom character designer; I played around with that for hours. The fighting quality outranks Street Fighter 4 by far, however, the Star Wars characters unbalance the game. For example, Yoda is too fast and The Apprentice is stacked. Leaving the SW's aside, the game lived up to it's potential, has pick-up-on-spot controls; an easy shift from SC2 to SC4 in my case, and over all well-balanced fighters. The two fighting styles I most enjoy are Nightmare's and Talim's. The character endings are the only downside (SW's not included) and they can easily be ignored and if memory serves, skipped as well. I give the game 9/10.

-Blaze Ryder
RichardAM
Merchant

Re: Does anybody play Soul Calibur 4?

Post by RichardAM »

I bought the game at release but quickly sold it off. The visuals were brilliant, but it all became repetitive pretty quickly.
Blaze Ryder wrote:The fighting quality outranks Street Fighter 4 by far...
I diasagree completely- in SFIV it's all about precision and entering the correct inputs, technicality, whereas in Soul Calibur it's invariably easy to win simply by mashing all the buttons. I'm a fied for the Street Fighter art direction too. :)