Medicine Hut

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Margim
Gong Farmer

Medicine Hut

Post by Margim »

I'm starting small and humbly after missing out on lego for 12 years since my mid-teens. I've recently realised you are never too old for lego. So while I'm building on my old collection one brick-link order at a time (via negotiation with my wife), I thought I'd share my first experimental foray back into lego!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=406325
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Re: Medicine Hut

Post by Ser Loktar »

Goodday Margim, Welcome to CC,
Always nice to find another wayward soul rediscovering their childish passions, you gotta make your wife understand.
First off great roof. I'm not so into the magicy castle stuff out there and though I have a problem or 2 with some of the mystical motifs, all your skellies on crosses and tusks at the front are well executed, and on the whole does feel really well polished and thorough.
It seems so well done I think you might have been lurking for a bit here, studying the masters much? If so, well studied. If not, and this IS you're first moc in 12 years, you kick Megablocks. :)
This is a very good start, can't wait to see more,
Ser Loktar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Welcome to Lego and to CC! For your first, this is a very nice creation. Plenty of interesting detail and it looks exactly like what it is. The expression on the costumer's face is perfect. I'm imagining some foul tasting brew in that cup.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Margim
Gong Farmer

Post by Margim »

Thanks for the kind feedback.

Yep, seriously my first effort, as I try to transition from collector to builder. I've lurked for about a week or two, just getting refamiliarised with the world of lego and all the new parts - I actually got sucked back in through the Medieval Market Village and the Dwarvern mine. Then I had to bricklink for light blue grey castle-building pieces.

For this one, I had the idea for the roof pop into my head in the middle of the night and it evolved from their.

Been working on a 32x32 fortress more recently. Will post that one soon :)

Thanks for the welcome :)
Seikfreid
Journeyman

Post by Seikfreid »

Nice work you have here. It seems like you have talent as a builder, so I can't wait to see the fortress once it is completed. I still need to sit down and actually build instead of just working with minifigs as well...
Sheen
Apprentice

Post by Sheen »

Welcome to CC! I hope you enjoy the flow of ideas here. And if you hadn't seen the contest that just started yet, you may think about finishing up that 32x32 castle and entering it. The contests here always give me inspiration to build when I'm in a rut.

As for the medicine hut, I love the hut, the extras, and the minifigs. The only thing I could think to improve on is maybe some darker tones in your landscaping. Swamp-like look, dirt roads, or a puddle of dried blood & mud under the skeleton.

Great job, hope to see more from you soon!
Sheen

Avatar photo is a small piece of Black Dragon by Alphonse Capone