While perusing older threads in this forum, I found this one
addressing the concept of trans colored weapons to serve as magical weapons or for an ice-themed faction. That got me thinking about the possibility of an ice-themed faction in general, and I began to think of ways in which such a faction could be used to enhance the Castle line and LEGO as a whole.
* They might be humans or sentient monsters. If humans, they could be "barbarians" with colors of light blue, tan, and white/silver in order to provide an immediate compare-and-contrast with the Crownies and dwarves. If monsters, they could be something like Yetis that have figured out how to use tools and weapons.
* Their strongholds would provide lots of options for winter and polar landscape design--white bricks and slopes galore, lots of trans-clear and/or trans-light blue pieces (including five-pointed crystals), "snow-dusted" coniferous trees, etc. Plus they would be beautiful in their own right--imagine LEGO's take on something like the White Witch's palace from Narnia.
* What better excuse to bring back the polar bear? The Snowmen could use them to pull sleighs.
* It would behoove them to have their own wizard so they could compete, opening the door for new, cool (pun intended) "special effects" pieces like GITD flames or lightning.
* The hexagonal water wheel plates from MMV could be pressed into service in new colors as giant snowflakes.
What do you all think? Good idea? Or am I smoking crack?