Does anybody player Oblivion: Elder Scrolls?

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Knight of Honor
Apprentice

Does anybody player Oblivion: Elder Scrolls?

Post by Knight of Honor »

Yeah I was just wondering if anybody played Oblivion:Elder Scrolls for PC. I played it and it is a cool Rpg (I think its an RPG) But basically you can do anything like be a merchant, alchemist, 'gladiator', even a criminal. The game is a DVD because it is so big, and there is magic and stuff involved. I'd say it's one of the best PC games out there. So...yeah. :D
Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations
It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces
CastleLord
Reeve

Re: Does anybody player Oblivion: Elder Scrolls?

Post by CastleLord »

I have played it finished it and all that and it's a great game indeeed.

CastleLor.
CastleLord. The Lord of the castle.
TFOL and computer nerd. I do as I please and live life to the fullest!
Please visit:
and [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/castlelord/]My Flickr[/url]
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

It is indeed a great game, and has inspired me while building. The landscape and architecture across the whole map varies from the depressing, degraded swamplands to the marvelous walls of the Imperial City. I admire Bethesda (the game developer) and all their work to create a very interesting and believable world. It's a great tribute to them that so many people still play the game today even when it was released almost 3 years ago.

-Hob Took
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Yep I play Oblivion.
And indeed it does inspire me to build lots. The same subject coincidentally came up in the Castle MOCs forum when someone asked for cool Dwarven machinery and someone else commented about the Dwemer from Vvardenfell. Although admittedly those aren't directly featured in Oblivion, it did remind me to reinstall the game and start playing again (I haven't played it for a while) and I'm hooked all over again :D
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
shoggoth666
Laborer

Post by shoggoth666 »

Brilliant game. I played it on the 360 for over 200 hours, magnificent open world play. Oblivion is great fun and Fallout 3 is top shelf open world sci fi entertainment from Bethesda as well. If you loved Elder Scrolls give them a try.
" He was a man...I drink to his shade. The heads of ten Picts will pay for his, and seven heads for the dog who was a better warrior than many a man."
Knight of Honor
Apprentice

Post by Knight of Honor »

CastleLord wrote:I have played it finished it and all that and it's a great game indeeed.

CastleLor.
You can't finish Oblivion unless you play through every possibility :D. Which would be many hours of gameplay indeed.
I like shooting at random people and hearing them shout "By the Nine Divines! Assault! Assault". :D
Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations
It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

I've had the game since launch, but it's still something I dip into occasionally. It's been a huge source of inspiration for me as a builder.
CastleLord
Reeve

Post by CastleLord »

Knight of Honor wrote:
CastleLord wrote:I have played it finished it and all that and it's a great game indeeed.

CastleLord.
You can't finish Oblivion unless you play through every possibility :D. Which would be many hours of gameplay indeed.
I like shooting at random people and hearing them shout "By the Nine Divines! Assault! Assault". :D
I spent around 3-4 weeks exploring every bit and doing everything that could be done. So yes i'm all done with it. 8)

CastleLord
CastleLord. The Lord of the castle.
TFOL and computer nerd. I do as I please and live life to the fullest!
Please visit:
and [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/castlelord/]My Flickr[/url]
Albatross_Viking
Gentleman

Post by Albatross_Viking »

One of my friends play Oblivion, and it looks like a very good game in my eyes.

A_V
Lenfel Militia & Minister of Information Distribution
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... ald_fl.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/friskywhi ... banner.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56213339@N07/]FlickR[/url]
mklovin95
Gong Farmer

Post by mklovin95 »

I have it and the expansions and love it all. I can't wait for the next one to come out next year.
Blaze Ryder
Peasant

Post by Blaze Ryder »

mklovin95 wrote:I have it and the expansions and love it all. I can't wait for the next one to come out next year.
They're making a fifth Elder Scrolls? The last I heard (within the past few months) was that Bethesda currently has no plans for a fifth installment. Especially with them having just released Mothership Zeta for Fallout 3.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

They've been quiet about it. All the Fallout DLC is done- in a few months they're releasing a GOTY edition for that, but that's easy and won't take much time. Of course they'll be exploring doing something new with Elder Scrolls, even if they may only currently be at the design stage.

I wouldn't take much away from them saying we'll have to wait, but at the sametime, suggesting something's coming out next year is silly.
DarkTemplar
Leonardo

Post by DarkTemplar »

RichardAM wrote:They've been quiet about it. All the Fallout DLC is done- in a few months they're releasing a GOTY edition for that, but that's easy and won't take much time. Of course they'll be exploring doing something new with Elder Scrolls, even if they may only currently be at the design stage.

I wouldn't take much away from them saying we'll have to wait, but at the sametime, suggesting something's coming out next year is silly.
If anything it's better that we wait. Rushed games are never good; Fallout had to bring out all those DLC's because the original ending was so rubbishy and rushed. You wouldn't want to same to happen with a new Oblivion game. Also it would be nice if they had more diversity when visiting Oblivion in the next game. I know I was getting pretty tired of closing Oblvion gates by scaling similar towers over and over again, maybe if they were more eventful like the Bruma gate were it is timed.
Blaze Ryder
Peasant

Post by Blaze Ryder »

DarkTemplar wrote: ...Fallout had to bring out all those DLC's because the original ending was so rubbishy and rushed. You wouldn't want to same to happen with a new Oblivion game.
I'd like to point out that Fallout 3's ending was neither rubbishy nor rushed. The ending was intended to be definite and final, and probably a give a reason to purchase the Broken Steel DLC. On a side note, F3 had 5 DLC packs while ES4: Oblivion had 9 DLC packs, most of which were just houses.
DarkTemplar wrote: Also it would be nice if they had more diversity when visiting Oblivion in the next game. I know I was getting pretty tired of closing Oblvion gates by scaling similar towers over and over again, maybe if they were more eventful like the Bruma gate were it is timed.
I agree wholeheartedly that Oblivion should of had more diversity in the Gates, but I still acknowledge that they were somewhat diverse outside the towers. I highly doubt we will be returning to Oblivion in the next game though, or rather, any Daedric plane for very long. That idea has been used up twice with Oblivion (Main quest and Shiveing Isles DLC), I think we're more likely to be set with a quest line regarding what happens now that there is no Emperor.
DarkTemplar
Leonardo

Post by DarkTemplar »

Blaze Ryder wrote: I'd like to point out that Fallout 3's ending was neither rubbishy nor rushed. The ending was intended to be definite and final, and probably a give a reason to purchase the Broken Steel DLC. On a side note, F3 had 5 DLC packs while ES4: Oblivion had 9 DLC packs, most of which were just houses.
I should probably clarify; the ending wasn't rubbishy, the ending cinematic was. I was just disappointed with the semi-relevant sepia photos combine with a mad lib like narration which changed 1 or two words based on your actions.