impulse sets?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Thats sad. Up in York there was a store called Fenwicks that had a great selection of the legos. It was at Coppergate square. First time I saw the viking legos was at Jorvick though. Still trying to get two of the viking sets but even the used ones seem to cost more than I wish to spend at the moment... Hoping to snatch up some of the 2008 orcs and dwarves as well.

Has anyone seen the new argos 2008 catalogue yet? I leafed through one at a friends house but did not see any new castle ones sadly.... though last years failed to have it too I though except online.

Randall
Papy.G
Laborer

Prices

Post by Papy.G »

Shroud9 wrote:Korea : Won 2.40
UK: £2.49
Germany: EUR 2,99
US: $3.49
Canada: $4.99

:D Thanks guys, that's a great break-down, but i'm sure once a Buy-One-get-One sale comes on, or a special Target discount appears it'll be more cost effective!
Here in France I was able to get some for 2.38 each (Wizard and Soldier), and the soldier with odd coloured shield, not sure there are still some in these stores.
I saw elsewhere, still some Soldier (probably 15 available) and orc (~10), but not this cheap, from 2.5 to 2.99 euro don't remember.
In France, they come in cardboard boxes.

I can manage to get links and hand shipping to Montreal (blainville).
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
Lord Lego 436
Laborer

Re:

Post by Lord Lego 436 »

Spongey wrote:I like the idea of these sets, but I'd have preferred having generic soldiers instead of knights, for army building purposes.
Keep in mind that you don't HAVE to put the armor on the knight. Then he's just a regular soldier.
"Humans build atomic bombs, but no mouse in the world would be stupid enough to design a mousetrap."
- Albert Einstien

My MOCpage: http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/16960
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Re: Re:

Post by Count Blacktron »

Lord Lego 436 wrote:
Spongey wrote:I like the idea of these sets, but I'd have preferred having generic soldiers instead of knights, for army building purposes.
Keep in mind that you don't HAVE to put the armor on the knight. Then he's just a regular soldier.
I view that assortment in "The Knight" impulse set as a 1.5 minifigure offering. I can use the full helm, armor, shield and sword to deck out another minifigure (like say, my army of Harry Potter figures?) and give the character in this set the pole arms as a general soldier. To me this was the best army builder ever in that it came with all the accessories you might need.

I still would have liked to have a peasant set with a PITCHFORK! :wave:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Lord Lego 436
Laborer

Re: Re:

Post by Lord Lego 436 »

Count Blacktron wrote:
Lord Lego 436 wrote:
I view that assortment in "The Knight" impulse set as a 1.5 minifigure offering. I can use the full helm, armor, shield and sword to deck out another minifigure (like say, my army of Harry Potter figures?) and give the character in this set the pole arms as a general soldier. To me this was the best army builder ever in that it came with all the accessories you might need.

I still would have liked to have a peasant set with a PITCHFORK! :wave:
I have PITCHFORK! :wave:
Not that I'm bragging, or anything.
"Humans build atomic bombs, but no mouse in the world would be stupid enough to design a mousetrap."
- Albert Einstien

My MOCpage: http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/16960
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: impulse sets?

Post by architect »

It is time to lock this thread that originally discussed the impulse sets in 2007. If you have requests for new castle impulse sets, please post those in the Dear Lego forum. Thanks.

Ben
CC Sets Admin