First Castle MOC: Burg Stolzenstein

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
tnickolaus
Serf
Location: Munich / Bavaria / Germany / Europe / Earth / Solar System / Milky Way / Universe

First Castle MOC: Burg Stolzenstein

Post by tnickolaus »

Hi,

here is the first castle MOC from my companion Annette and myself:

Image Image Image

More details including video on MOCPages and Brickshelf

Feedback welcome!
Thomas
fbtb/eBay/BL/1000steine: tnickolaus *<|:-{)>
Username
Councilor

Re: First Castle MOC: Burg Stolzenstein

Post by Username »

Wow, NICE! Love the Tudor parts and your stained glass. It all looks really good.
Garbageman13
Reeve

Post by Garbageman13 »

Wow wow wow! Very nice job. The tudor sections are very good! The landscaping is very nice aswell!
I hope to see more castle mocs from you and your companion in the future.

God bless.

-Garbageman13
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28530273@N07/]~Ye Olde Flickr~[/url]
Griffon
Foot Soldier

Post by Griffon »

Impressive! Good job!
Count
Freeman

Post by Count »

Very good MOC! Makes me want to go back home so I can build :( .

I like the Stone pillars that the prisoners are chained to, the Tudor buildings and their stained glass, the landscaping, and the stable I really like! Overall its a great Moc, my only beef is with the ground inside the castle being all the same color.

-Count
mystuffiscool
Apprentice

Post by mystuffiscool »

Yes! Very impressive. I've always loved half-timbered architecture, and yours isn't letting me down! :wink:
Mystuffiscool
----------
My Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoworshipper/[/url]

"Just between you and me, I think 'everything' bagels are making a lot of promises they can't keep."

Okay, so now I'm an Apprentice! To what exactly...?
jdarlack
Freeman

Post by jdarlack »

Great stuff! I love the use of the chains on the stairs. Very nice. I don't think I've seen that application anywhere else. Too bad the video on the Moc page doesn't show your powerfunctions features off! Thanks for sharing.
Jim Darlack
Laird Cashman
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by Laird Cashman »

Wow!( :twitch: ) The stain glass is wonderful, the stairs are wonderful, everything is perfect! The houses are as realistic as can be, and if I combined all of my pieces together, I couldn't even build the gatehouse! :D ! Jealousy :(
I am an alien, here to eat you all, regurgitate you, gingerly poke your remains, and then devour them. FUN, RIGHT?!
Lord Lego 436
Laborer

Post by Lord Lego 436 »

HOLY SCHAMOLY!!!!
I love it, especially the Brown Tudor building! Can you post a picture on how it's made (The diagonal black parts)? The wall design is excellent!
"Humans build atomic bombs, but no mouse in the world would be stupid enough to design a mousetrap."
- Albert Einstien

My MOCpage: http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/16960
Vulcan
Serf

Post by Vulcan »

The first thing I said when I saw this was "Whoa!". Its so detailed and. . . and. . .did I say detailed :) ? Seriously the houses are amazing, as well as the castle. Nice job!
Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart. - Marcus Aurelius
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Great work. It is a very very impressive first castle. I love the tudoring as well, great use of those slopes. I also like the chains as a railing for the stairs. The landscaping is fantastic and the castle conforms to it very well. The whole thing is massive and yet has all the small touches that make it so :shock:

Please keep your creations coming. You two do some great castle work together.

My only suggestion would also be to change the floor of the castle some. The stable for instance is much too paved looking for my taste. Perhaps some tan to represent sand or straw that the horses reside upon.
tnickolaus
Serf
Location: Munich / Bavaria / Germany / Europe / Earth / Solar System / Milky Way / Universe

Post by tnickolaus »

Thanks very much for the nice feedback!

We had to finish the castle in time for the exhibition Bricking Bavaria. We will continue to work on it. Annette already made some plans: The wizards insist on an own tower before the castle, a blacksmith is missing, and we want to have a tournament in front of the castle. We will also take care about the floor within the castle. You guys are right: much too clean for a castle.

-Thomas
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

I saw this on MOCpages the other day and enjoyed looking through all the pictures. I don't have a lot to add to what's already been written, except I really like it. My favorite part apart from the castle is all the mini-figs posed all over the place. Gives it a busy feeling and makes it very interesting to look at.
tnickolaus
Serf

Post by tnickolaus »

Hi again,

some people were asking about how the Tudor style has been build. Check this out: http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/art ... rHTML.html

Cheers,
Thomas
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

This is amazing. I've been looking at this again and again since you've posted it, trying to get the right words for it. Still can't find 'em, so I'll just say ,,amazing" again and leave it at that. :)
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]