No Copper in the Dwarves' Mine?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
jdarlack
Freeman

No Copper in the Dwarves' Mine?

Post by jdarlack »

I just picked up the Dwarves' Mine and there are no copper-coated pieces in it! They are only reddish-brown.

I noticed that in the Burlington Massachusetts Lego Store's display model of the Troll's Mountain Fortress that pieces like the king's crown were not copper either (though it looks like in all the promotional material that the king's crown is copper).

Is this is a fluke, or have the dwarves delved too deeply and depleted the supply of copper?
Jim Darlack
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: No Copper in the Dwarves' Mine?

Post by Bluesecrets »

I just picked up the Dwarves' Mine and there are no copper-coated pieces in it! They are only reddish-brown.

I noticed that in the Burlington Massachusetts Lego Store's display model of the Troll's Mountain Fortress that pieces like the king's crown were not copper either (though it looks like in all the promotional material that the king's crown is copper).

Is this is a fluke, or have the dwarves delved too deeply and depleted the supply of copper?
I suggest you contact LEGO's customer service to get replacement parts. You can access this at http://www.LEGO.com

But, I'd also keep those parts as they are a bit rare.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
jdarlack
Freeman

Post by jdarlack »

Bluesecrets wrote:I suggest you contact LEGO's customer service to get replacement parts. You can access this at http://www.LEGO.com But, I'd also keep those parts as they are a bit rare.
Good idea! I never thought to contact Lego. I will indeed keep the brown pieces. They just may come in handy!
Jim Darlack
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

The troll king's crown is reddish brown.
Lord Lego 436
Laborer

Post by Lord Lego 436 »

My Trolls king's crown was just brown? Is it meant to be copper?
"Humans build atomic bombs, but no mouse in the world would be stupid enough to design a mousetrap."
- Albert Einstien

My MOCpage: http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/16960
mystuffiscool
Apprentice

Post by mystuffiscool »

^It's meant to be Reddish-Brown.

:o Reddish-Brown normally copper pieces!? Are you talking about the axes and helms?

Cheers,
Mystuffiscool
----------
My Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoworshipper/[/url]

"Just between you and me, I think 'everything' bagels are making a lot of promises they can't keep."

Okay, so now I'm an Apprentice! To what exactly...?
jdarlack
Freeman

Post by jdarlack »

Lord Lego 436 wrote:My Trolls king's crown was just brown? Is it meant to be copper?
I believe it's just brown (according to bricklink it is just brown). I've not gotten one yet. Still, when I look at the promo pics, it looks like they're advertising copper!

Compare the color of the king's crown in this pic (taken from S@H) to the king's reddish brown legs. I think the pic looks like copper!

:orc: :?
Jim Darlack
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

The picture on the box is also copper. Some sellers on bricklink have the piece in copper. I suspect that they were all supposed to be copper but there was an error in the production process.

Ben
jdarlack
Freeman

Post by jdarlack »

mystuffiscool wrote:Reddish-Brown normally copper pieces!? Are you talking about the axes and helms?
Yep. The axe heads and the helmet are reddish brown rather than copper unlike the pics below:

ImageImage
Jim Darlack
mystuffiscool
Apprentice

Post by mystuffiscool »

jdarlack wrote:...The axe heads and the helmet are reddish brown rather than copper...
*Wants*
Mystuffiscool
----------
My Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoworshipper/[/url]

"Just between you and me, I think 'everything' bagels are making a lot of promises they can't keep."

Okay, so now I'm an Apprentice! To what exactly...?
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I sent a message regarding a damaged/missing part to LEGO Customer Service for the Troll King's crown in two of the Troll Fort sets I have opened. It looks like the coloring machine at the factory forgot the overcoating of the copper color on at least two of my three. Have not opened that third one yet, quality control is making me nervous about my MISB collection. I got all the Dwarves back in 2008 and had not gotten any of the 2009 production run from that set, so I cannot speak on those, but it is definitely a problem in the Troll Fort.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-