Collectable Minifigures (Sold Out?)

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Azaghal
Landlord

Re: Collectable Minifigures?

Post by Azaghal »

maniac29 wrote:
Azaghal wrote:Don't forget the caveman - he could easily become a dwarf, barbarian or similar type. :D

*hopes these are real*
They are real. :wink:

Does anyone know when they are realsed. Before Christmas? Also, I hpoe they are only a few dollars a piece. I will get at least 10! Trust me, that is alot for me! :P
Yes, yes, that was kind of a knee-jerk reaction from me. :) Further investigation indicates that these will be released around next June. :orc:
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

These look great! I really hope they won't mix parts of different minifigs in one bag, that would make it practically impossible to get whole figs without trading and buying parts online or buying dozens of bags. My favourites are the forestman and caveman.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

It seems like I am the only want that wants a mixed bag of parts. I think it will be fun to open up a bag not knowing what you are getting. Hopefully I can buy an entire case/box of these.

:D
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Username wrote:It seems like I am the only want that wants a mixed bag of parts. I think it will be fun to open up a bag not knowing what you are getting. Hopefully I can buy an entire case/box of these.
I kind of like the idea of a surprise too. Though I hope there aren't überrare parts, as I would like to be able to get all of the figures.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

If they come in polybags, it should be possible to feel what fig is inside - most of them have (at least) one part with a unique physical form.

I guess we might see hordes of evil undead crash test dummies turning up in post-apoc creations though ;)
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

wobnam wrote:I guess we might see hordes of evil undead crash test dummies turning up in post-apoc creations though ;)

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

:D
Crushmaster
Freeman

Post by Crushmaster »

DNL wrote:These look great! I really hope they won't mix parts of different minifigs in one bag, that would make it practically impossible to get whole figs without trading and buying parts online or buying dozens of bags. My favourites are the forestman and caveman.
It does appear that's what they're doing, unfortunately. I don't like the thought of them having unmarked bags either, but it's certainly better than having mixed pieces...

Sounds just like a marketing scheme to me. I really hope they're not doing the mixed parts thing...
In Christ,
Crushmaster.
Christ is Lord and King! To Him I give all glory and honor.
Romans 10:13 - For whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Luke 13:3b - Except you repent, you shall all likewise perish.
Want to talk about theology or something? PM me.
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

wobnam wrote:If they come in polybags, it should be possible to feel what fig is inside - most of them have (at least) one part with a unique physical form.
That is an excellent point. Lets hope it is that easy.

~Voran
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Athos wrote:Check out this little poster from eurobricks:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... opic=35840.... blah blah blah
Steve
Hey, isn't this a leak? I thought C-C had a policy against leaks.
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
mystuffiscool
Apprentice

Post by mystuffiscool »

Kevin1990 wrote:yeah cant wait for them to come out! and every 2 months new minifigs!
and the forestmen the holy forestmen coming back! I hope they'll also make a black falcon and wolfpack minifigs again.
*Salivates all over keyboard* KKZZZZTT!!! "Ow..." *cleans up keyboard* *Resumes typing*
Voran_the_Scholar wrote:
wobnam wrote:If they come in polybags, it should be possible to feel what fig is inside - most of them have (at least) one part with a unique physical form.
Yay! a even larger glimmer of hope! :D
Sir Nelson wrote:Hey, isn't this a leak? I thought C-C had a policy against leaks.
SSHHHH... Darn. You said it. *Sighs* Go ahead Admins, lock it and make it quick. :cry:

Well, let us celebrate, and thank TLG for this nice news, good people of C-C,
Mystuffiscool
----------
My Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoworshipper/[/url]

"Just between you and me, I think 'everything' bagels are making a lot of promises they can't keep."

Okay, so now I'm an Apprentice! To what exactly...?
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

mystuffiscool wrote:SSHHHH... Darn. You said it. *Sighs* Go ahead Admins, lock it and make it quick. :cry:
I am just asking the question, nothing more. Besides, who would want to knowingly violate this website's policies? (Well, maybe Steve would. :P )
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

The minifigures seem to be a semi-official announcement. Feel free to discuss this topic for now.

Ben
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Voran_the_Scholar wrote:

~Voran
Lego designer over at EB said the packaging is such that you cannot tell what is inside by feeling it.
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

I'm right there with Username about the random packing withing the polybags. It takes me bact to high school, where I'd save up to buy a case of hockey cards, and spend a weekend collating a set of cards, then spend the rest of the winter trying to track down the ones I didn't get. That was before I'd ever even heard of the Internet and the other guys were in my class and this time around the other guys will need to be contacted via e-mail and the world-wide trading will begin. It's gonna be fun. Expensive, but fun.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]