Sword Collection

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Sword Collection

Post by doctorsparkles »

Hey everyone. I had to use up the last of a roll of film yesterday, and couldn't think of anything to take a picture of other than a portion of my weaponry collection (I suppose I should have thought of one of my models that I'd been meaning to post... oh well). Then I wasn't sure what to do with that picture, so I figured I'd post it here for the sake of anyone who might be interested.

http://www.geocities.com/doctor_sparkle ... index.html
Last edited by doctorsparkles on Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Very cool. Did you make any of them?
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Sir Terrance wrote:Very cool. Did you make any of them?
No, I bought all of them. I don't have forging tools at my disposal, nor do I have the knowledge of how to make them.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

:shock: :shock: :o :o :(

Those are awesome!

I've always wanted to own real swords.

I still don't. (Duh, I'm 17: my parents aren't stupid)

Excuse me while I turn green with envy!
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Great collection. Where did you get em? :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Formendacil wrote:I still don't. (Duh, I'm 17: my parents aren't stupid)
I started collecting at 16, I believe. It's odd, really, because my parents wouldn't even let me have Nerf guns as a child, but by puperty my mom had bought me a blow-dart gun and by 16 I had started a collection of swords. It's funny how things work out sometimes.
Robin Hood wrote: Great collection. Where did you get em?
The top three were gifts from my parents, my ex-girlfriend, and my sister (from top to bottom).
The fourth from the top is a Celtic-inspired blade... I can't remember where I got it exactly, but I've seen them all over the place. I believe they had one at www.renstore.com , but mine is slightly different in that it has a blood-groove down the center of the blade.
The bottom-most sword was an e-bay purchase, and that is the one that I wear when in garb. It's the only one with a black scabbard (which matches the leather of my baldric, gloves and boots), and the only one that will fit on my baldric.
The crossbow was also a gift from my ex-girlfriend, and was purchased from www.knightsedge.com . In case anyone is wondering, the crossbow does have functional parts and will fire a bolt, but it has a very low draw weight so it is not very powerful. Still, it could easily put your eye out or even lodge in soft flesh at close range... not that I've tried or anything.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

gaaaaa..... :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Something has happened to the link, it is not working anymore. I did a quick scan of your folder and it is not showing in there anymore. Perhaps a MOD deleted the image. :(

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

wlister wrote:Something has happened to the link, it is not working anymore. I did a quick scan of your folder and it is not showing in there anymore. Perhaps a MOD deleted the image. :(

Will
Hey, thanks for letting me know. Yeah, they must have deleted the pictures because they are not Lego related. Perhaps when I get better established and have more Lego pictures there, they will be more lenient.
In the meantime, I quickly set up a Geocities page with the picture. You can view it (and 3 new pictures) here:

http://www.geocities.com/doctor_sparkle ... index.html

I also added two pictures of me in a big monk-style robe and a picture of one of my medieval outfits on the hanger (the picture was taken to fill up the camera).
I also fixed the link above.
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

Those are some cool swords! I wish I had some, but I think weapons like those should never fall into the wrong hands (like mine).

-The Josh
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

My brother has a really cool and well made broadsword. It balances right above the crossguard. :D
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

That is pretty cool - I really like that crossbow.

I would collect swords, but whenever I have the money, I tend to just buy more Lego. I have a friend who collects swords though, and he has quite a few (I think 6-7 including daggers). Hobbies like that are pretty neat to say the least.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

The only sword I have I got as a highschool graduation present from my parents. Its a fantasy sword called the Nemisis II. I'll get pics of it later.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Teup
Freeman

Post by Teup »

I believe we have a rapier or something somewhere in the house.. a real one, 18th century i think.. The grip is really uncomfortable (those things were just made for decoration anyway) and by now it'll break before you swing it..
Whatever you do, don't.
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

wow i always wanted a sword but my parents wont let me(parents can be really supid sometimes). anyway, i try to get one. and f you ever come to bergen in norway you should go to "bryggen" there is a shop whit really cool swords and chainmail and stuff like that, mostly viking but mediwil stuff too like a sword wich is abot 160 cm long and that is big