Jojo wrote:... every single minifig was glued.
In mine, only the queens, the rooks, and the knights were glued.
I'm with Josh: my set had only some things glued:
* The chessboard squares, made up of 4x4 black and white plates, are glued to the 32x32 white baseplate.
* The rooks are completely glued except for the shield on the front.
* The square plate on the base of the knights is glued to the 2x2x2 slope.
* The 2x2x2 slope 'skirt' of the queen is glued to her torso.
* The Viking horns are glued to their helmets.
Most vexing for me are the black and white squares, the horns, and the queens. I don't really use the horns for much but it would be nice to have a big supply of these as they can be useful for detailing and monsters etc. The queens are a waste of a good torso if you want to re-use it. The rooks and knights, well, those are just a small handful of pieces. Shame that they are glued but not a major problem.