Age of Empires II-III

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Laird Cashman
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Age of Empires II-III

Post by Laird Cashman »

I have found that there are very few similarities between these games and LEGOs, which makes them hard to use as things to base around. There are similarities between WC I-III, etc., but not much of any sort of historical factions or gradual advance of weapons in Lego, like in the Age of Empires. I think they should sometimes make a historical LEGO subtheme. That might be good. Probably.
I am an alien, here to eat you all, regurgitate you, gingerly poke your remains, and then devour them. FUN, RIGHT?!
CastleLord
Reeve

Re: Age of Empires II-III

Post by CastleLord »

Well i own All the age of empires games and there isn't that much in common between Age of empires 1 and 2... But i do agree with you Lego should think about making an Historical Lego theme. But then i would much rather have them looking at The settlers. Since there they go more in deep into medevial life.

The Geeky CastleLord.
CastleLord. The Lord of the castle.
TFOL and computer nerd. I do as I please and live life to the fullest!
Please visit:
and [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/castlelord/]My Flickr[/url]
Hound Knight
Artiste De Sigifigs

Post by Hound Knight »

I've always found AoE2 as a great inspiration for castle MOCs, you just have to use some imagination. :)
"I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift."
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I would say... Pick a certain age and build you're theme around it. Unless your plan is to have "Age Advancement" represented in LEGO form. That too isn't too hard as far as minifigs of different eras.

My own ORIGIN theme goes through several time periods here on earth. Certain civilizations span all of them, under different names, but under the same general location/culture. Now the "AGES" which I have here are in general for all civilizations and has more to do with technological advancement than mere dynasties/kingships and the like. The civilization names merely represent the dominant socio-economic-political/military power of that nation's specific time period.

I therefore BASE the armies and buildings around the soldiers of that specific dynasty or kingdom/empire or nationhood.

For example:
Archaic (8000 BCE - 1000 BCE) = Xia Dynasty
Classical (1000 BCE - 500 CE) = Zhou Dynasty
Medieval (500 - 1500) = Tang Dynasty
Enlightenment (1500 - 1800) = Ming Dynasty
Industrial (1800 - 1910) = Qing Dynasty
Modern (1910 - 1960) = Republic of China
Information (1970 - 2020) = People's Republic of China
Digital (2020 - 2114) = People's Federation of China
Exploration (2115 - 2500) = Chinese Consortium
Galactic (2500 - beyond) = Chinese Star Republics of the Utopium (Utopium is the name of the galaxy wide human interstellar colonies and worlds stemming from "mother" Earth)
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]