Who Would Win... Skellies, Dwarfs, Crownies, or Orcs?

Discussion of Castle Themed stories

Who Would Win... Skellies, Dwarfs, Crownies, or Orcs?

Skellies
10%
Dwarfs
27%
Crownies
43%
Orcs
20%

Total votes: 111

Seikfreid
Journeyman

Post by Seikfreid »

outcast wrote:Im yet to see a piece of non-skeleton siege equipment that can actually move :lol:
All of the troll stuff (except the fortress, which isn't even out yet) moves, as does the dwarf mine defender and the Crownie catapult and ballista. I agree, however that the skeletons' equipment is better than the Crownies', but the Trolls outmatch all in that category.
EDIT:
Ah, you have beaten me! you meant equipment that can go fast! Yes, the skeletons are the only faction with maneuverable siege equipment. (unless you count dragons)
outcast
Apprentice

Post by outcast »

Sorry I should have made that clearer.

I suppose boats would move as well

btw, with the position of the runners on the troll wheel, wouldn't it go backwards? :lol:
For Empire is no more, and now the Lion & Wolf shall cease.
MrBlack103
Villein

Post by MrBlack103 »

Not unless the orcs on the wheels walk backwards :?

Anyways, let's study each faction's weaknesses and advantages:

Crownies: Well-organised with formations that would just be pretty much invincible against regular infantry, excellent heavy and light cavalry, plenty of "heroes" (king, wizard, dragon rider), excellent defensive strucures, good economy. However, no navy, standard soldiers not very good at individual combat.

skellies: Will keep fighting even when missing 1 (or more) limb, no fear of pain/death, scary, lots of soldiers, powerful wizard (and witch?), dragons, have a navy. However, would not be able to swing weapons with much force, not smart (cannot suddenly deal with a new situation), no siege weapons.

dwarves: powerful and skilled fighters, good war machines, virtually impregnable mountain strongholds, fearless. However, no navy, no archers, very little flexibility.

orcs: Numerous, excel at offensive combat (huge siege engines), giant trolls can smash up even the strongest shield wall, battle wheel invulnerable to a direct assault (skellies would never work out how to stop it), great navy, fierce fighters. However, constantly eating each other, trolls somewhat unpredictable, require vast amounts of wood to keep their armies going, not the most wise of creatures, few defensive structures.

My conclusion? an all-out battle would be pretty even, but the crownies' good economy lets them retaliate even after a loss, thereby tipping the scales in their favour.
BrianofBrick06
Foot Soldier

Post by BrianofBrick06 »

The dwarven mine is the only large set available, and it is obviously an important set as it supplies the empire of crownies with an array of weaponry. Should the mine fall, a fury of dwarven rage would come flowing out of the strongholds in the mountains. Once the clans unite, i cannot imagine the force neccessary to stop them...
gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: Who Would Win... Skellies, Dwarfs, Crownies, or Orcs?

Post by gormadoc1 »

I think the crownies would win but with the help of the dwarves of course. :)
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
Albatross_Viking
Gentleman

Post by Albatross_Viking »

Heres some guesses on the different factions strenghts and weaknesses.

First of all, the orcs. Anybody must be able to see that the orcs are relying on offensive power. If they should be forced to go defensive, they would really have a serious problem. The mountain trolls could smash many lightly armored footmen stupid enough to go into direct fighting against them. But as strong as they are, they are stupid. A group of well-trained mounted archers able to stay cool during the fighting could easily take them out. One of the orcs strenghts is their uncaringness. Loving nothing at all, they will fight mindlesly untill they die.

Then the skellies. Actually just a pile of walking bones, they will get smashed by any heavy battleax swinging towards them. The strenght of the skellies is their superior number. They can simply keep storming towards the enemy untill they make them so tired that they cant fight anymore. Or the skellies can be used to take out a few enemies and wound the rest so that dragons can finish it of.

The crownies got a quite well organised army. But in single combat, their light infantrymen cant prove much against an angry :orc: . As the faction with the strongest cavalry, they could kill many troops by ditrascting the enemies with some infantrymen and archers, then send the cavalry rushing in between the enemy ranks from behind.

And as the last, the dwarves. Maybe not very known for that kind of warfare, they could, in case their mine should fall, prove an extremly iritating guerilla force down in their mines. Just imagine some orcs walking around in a minetunnel. And then suddenly, dwarfs appears anywhere around them!
A weakness for the dwarves is the fact that theyre very slow. But those steamdrivenmínedefenderwagonthingys can solve that.

I voted dwarves, maybe due to the fact that they would be almost invinsible inside the mines.

A_V
Lenfel Militia & Minister of Information Distribution
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... ald_fl.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/friskywhi ... banner.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56213339@N07/]FlickR[/url]
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

Crownies for sure!
-most intelligent overall
-armed the best
-greatest in numbers
-most cavalry
-strong king
-strong captain
-speedy
-most immobilized structures (most defense)
-most variety of soldiers
-most variety of weapons
-May your winds be fair !
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

Post by Ben the lego king »

Crownies would win because they have by far the larges army.
KKI is the best KKI is the best
Reaper45
Freeman

Post by Reaper45 »

:orc:

To me, Orc's, Dwarves, Crownies, Skellies. But when you've got it two on two it's a lot more even, Orcs/Skeletons vs. Crownies/Dwarves.
When in Rome, I do as the Romans, and when in Megablocks, I do shots at the bar.
DraconisTerrena
Apprentice

Post by DraconisTerrena »

I voted for the crownies, simply because they have the most cavalry and defensive structures.
"A warrior is always joyful because his love is unalterable and his beloved, the earth, embraces him and bestows upon him inconceivable gifts."
-- Don Juan, Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda
Forestboy
Steward

Post by Forestboy »

Although the skeletons are weak, they do have a powerfull wizard and dragons behind them. They also have strength in numbers. Go skellies!
[url=http://mosaicbricks.blogspot.com/]MosaicBricks[/url]-[url=http://mocpages.com/home.php/12945]Mocpages[/url]-[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kcrmccoy/]Flickr[/url]-[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=kcrmccoy/]Brickshelf[/url]-
---
[url=http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/article ... rands.html]Want your wizards to shoot out huge shots of fire? Learn the Fire Strand technique! (Click the link)[/url]
Crushmaster
Freeman

Post by Crushmaster »

The Crown Knights/Dwarves would most definitely win. The good guys always do.
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Christ is Lord and King! To Him I give all glory and honor.
Romans 10:13 - For whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Luke 13:3b - Except you repent, you shall all likewise perish.
Want to talk about theology or something? PM me.
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

crownies:
pros economy, seige weapons, 1 dragon a big castle and a wizard
cons over/ underestimation(three soldiers sent to get the king/ a catipult against a baracade) the soldiers never seem to be in formation so that's a bust they got two of the most important people in their country captured.
goblins:
pros brute force, weird cart things(or at least I think that's an advantage), a good navy, a shaman and trolls/ogres
cons dumb as a post, too reckless, no economy.
dwarves:
pros economy( could shut down trade with crownies practically dooming them) courage good equiptment!
cons what was it "vertically challenged" ,hot headed.
skellies:
pros have a defendable tower no supply lines are needed, unlimited troops, each victory makes more troops (imagine if an ogre got killed) scary as all (well im not sure if what i'm thinking is a swear word) impervious to discomfort (no diadvantages due to terrean or climate) need no sleep have a wizard have 2 dragons not necesarily stupid(look at the black armor dude he knows how to get to the finals in a tourney) were able to capture the princess have a navy practically unstoppable troops(cut off its head and it'll still try and bite you) have a goal.
cons maybe a bit slow(speed wise) hsve to protect the wizard at all costs.

so I add this up to be that the skellies own everyone.
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...
troll
Laborer

Post by troll »

I voted for Orcs myself, because I love how an unorganized bunch they are that can just mess everything up when two more strategic forces meet
agreed, aliencat! :)
Look! it's a troll, it's a funny troll! ---> :orc:

"When nothing goes right, go left"
krzyzak
Foot Soldier

Post by krzyzak »

The Shadow Knight wrote:Crownies for sure!
-most intelligent overall
-armed the best
-greatest in numbers
-most cavalry
-strong king
-strong captain
-speedy
-most immobilized structures (most defense)
-most variety of soldiers
-most variety of weapons
Dwarfs are as smart as the knights and they have really good weapons like battle axes, war hammers, and maybe even pick axes. The dwarfs have an able king and have a really good defense weapon, the dwarf mine defender.
P.S. I know you don't mean that the dwarfs are not smart. :wink:
You've got to ask yourself one question,"Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img]