Building the king's castle siege with the tower raid and...

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
FilmKnight
Gong Farmer

Building the king's castle siege with the tower raid and...

Post by FilmKnight »

Has anyone built, or seen, the king's castle siege with the tower from tower raid added to it? I was thinking about putting the tower onto the back left corner of the king's castle and taking off the little spire thingy on that side. It would be nice to maybe see something like this before I try it.

I guess I should say hi too, this is my first post. I saw this forum the other day, and it seems like there's plenty of people here who love castle! I'm relatively new to buying castle, my friend has some of the older sets, and I just bought a ton of the new-er ones. Hopefully we can make a stop motion castle video sometime this year.

Here's what I've got so far (most of it's still in the boxes, I purchased them all misb.):
7078 king's chariot
7037 tower raid
7079 drawbridge
7094 castle siege
8877 vlad's fortress
7048 troll ship
7093 skeleton tower
7097 troll's fortress
2872 witch
5614 good wizard
10193 medieval town --haven't got this in the mail just yet.

I've also purchased a ton of extra pieces from places like ebay, bricklink, chrombricks, etc.
For one, I purchased the pieces to put fangs on the skeleton tower's upper jaw (dunno why this wasn't in the set to begin with, he's front-tooth-less!)
I also purchased a couple ghosts, extra skeletons, and weapons for castle.
From chromebricks, I ordered vlad's armor (helmet and chestplate) in chrome, I was thinking of having him be a good knight at first, in the stopmotion, then having him turn evil and thus switching to the armor included in 8877.
I also ordered a few town-ish items from the build a brick lego store.

If anyone knows of a good resource for stop-motion filming of legos, please share. I'm really interested in how to animate the dragons, I'd like to include a fight scene with them, but the guy who will be helping me with the camera thinks that might be a bit too difficult. I was thinking of just making frames, like for marionettes, with some very thin, clear fishing line and hanging them that way.

Hopefully, as the year progresses, I can post the progress of the film, and certainly I'll be asking questions!
Thanks!
ClassicJester11
Serf

Re: Building the king's castle siege with the tower raid and...

Post by ClassicJester11 »

Sorry, i do not know how to make stop motions either :cry: , yet that fusion between castle sets sounds like a great idea :woo: i also have many of the castle sets yet i usally debrick them in like a month. But you should try it out! Also, if i find any news on stop motion i will post it here..
It twas all fun and games until the the jester brought out his final act of the night..juggling knives while blindfolded.
mrkovach
Apprentice

Post by mrkovach »

www.brickfilms.com
^great mp3 sources with SFX and whatnot, it's another community over there, nice folks.
^You should be more concerned with what's written above^
FilmKnight
Gong Farmer

Post by FilmKnight »

thanks
ClassicJester11, and mrkovach!

the brickfilms.com website is a very nice library of lego stopmotion!
ClassicJester11
Serf

Post by ClassicJester11 »

Ya FilmKnight! no prob.
It twas all fun and games until the the jester brought out his final act of the night..juggling knives while blindfolded.
FilmKnight
Gong Farmer

Post by FilmKnight »

Ok, so I opened up the Vladek's Dark Fortress (8877) and I noticed that the visors on the knights are very loose! Is there any method to tighten them up some? I won't be able to use loose visors in the stop motion.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

FilmKnight wrote:Ok, so I opened up the Vladek's Dark Fortress (8877) and I noticed that the visors on the knights are very loose! Is there any method to tighten them up some? I won't be able to use loose visors in the stop motion.
Put a tiny, tiny amount of Blu-Tack at the joint. I use this on pretty much any loose Lego joint. It's malleable enough that it can fit anywhere, and allow the joint to still move fluidly. Just be sure to use it sparingly.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
FilmKnight
Gong Farmer

Post by FilmKnight »

Thanks Dan!
Now, would I be able to find that stuff in a hardware store like home depot or in a hobby store like hobby lobby?
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

You can find Blu-Tack in newsagents or supermarkets and almost anywhere that sells office supplies. Blu-Tack could have different names in different countries.