Large Round Stained Glass Window

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Victor
Serf

Large Round Stained Glass Window

Post by Victor »

Yup, yet another LDD item from me!

Below are pictures of what I'd call a large round stained glass window that I came up with to be used in the chapel of a castle MOC that I'm working on. As I haven't seen anyone else post a model with a round stained glass window like this, I'd figure I'd show you guys what I came up. As with everything else I post, please feel free to steal, use, and abuse my design and make it your own!

Finished Product:

Two pictures illustrating the structure and size of it all:

I alternated colors and added blocks to the outside to help guide anyone through the building process.
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Re: Large Round Stained Glass Window

Post by dyntar »

Very nice.
thank you for the great pics. I'd like to see how this looks on your MOC.

... and I may probably borrow it :D
Tycho McKorley
Artisan

Post by Tycho McKorley »

You've made a good representation of a round window with square bricks. Nice work. However, I'd like to see it with the colored pieces filling in the frame. That would give me a better gauge of how it looks in practice.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tycho123]My Brickshelf Folder[/url]
Victor
Serf

Post by Victor »

Tycho McKorley wrote:You've made a good representation of a round window with square bricks. Nice work. However, I'd like to see it with the colored pieces filling in the frame. That would give me a better gauge of how it looks in practice.

It's kind of tough to see, but the top picture is filled with a 50/50 mix of clear and colored bricks. I'll see if I can get around to filling it with a solid color in each pane.
Karzon989
Freeman

Post by Karzon989 »

That window just goes perfekt to a chirch. But it needs more color.
Sorry that I could go in often (had to do a lot in school).
I´ll go more on this page.

Please go in this [url=http://wurmipartei.foren-city.at/url]Forum[/url]
I´ll be happy of every User
Victor
Serf

Post by Victor »

Karzon989 wrote:That window just goes perfekt to a chirch. But it needs more color.
Exactly what I'm using it for!

I'm working on a replica of Pierrefonds Castle and it will be the center window of the chapel within that castle. Pierrefonds castle was built much like Neuashwanstein and Burg Hohenzoler as overzellous restorations/creations of "ideal" medieval castles turned into palaces. Pierrefonds is the French version of this and is worth looking up.