A horse of a different color

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Great idea Tom, about grey being used for statues. A priority rank is a good idea too Peppermint Pig. If we had Dark Orange horses, we could see some Gumby MOCs with Pokey. I think a "horse pack" would be cool if they were to offer new colors. I certainly don't want the 3 existing colors to go by the wayside. For the past few days when I come home from work, I always pass by a tan colored horse in a field. It makes perfect sense for these other realistic colors to be made. Hopefully a poll will be conducted for us to vote on which one or ones we want to be official.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Horse colors not yet made by LEGO:

Grey/Bley
Tan
Dark Tan
Earth-Orange
Dark Orange
Dark Red
Dark Brown
Tan with Black mane
Dark Tan with Brown mane
Black horse with Grey/Bley mane
Grey/Bley horse with Black mane
Greenish-White horse (for those who'd like to do a 4-horsemen of the Apocalypse scene)
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Duckingham
Villein

Post by Duckingham »

JoshWedin wrote:There's probably one old guy in charge of the horse molds. He's a traditionalist and every time someone tries to take the horse mold and make other colors, he freaks out. "White and Black! White and Black!", he yells, "I already gave a little and let you do Brown! No more! White and Black, White and Black!" ;)
ROTFLOL

Would love to see a greater variety in horse colors. Seems like any set that has more than one should have a variety, and then sets with a single horse should vary. Like how in the Castle sets some of the giant trolls are dark tan, and some are sand green. You might be inclined to buy one set over another. I was more inclined to go for the sand green Troll, though I ended up getting dark tan because the set I really wanted was the Dwarves Mine. But it made the decision harder -- but that was good. :) Especially since I'll probably get some of the other sets, too, soon.
I like LEGO Stuff. I have a blog called [url=http://www.bricksabillion.com]BricksABillion[/url], a webcomic called [url=http://www.thebrickside.com]The Brick Side[/url], and I do some freelance artwork at [url=http://www.duckingham.com]Duckingham[/url]. And I am sad that there are only 24 hours in a day.
plucky
Laborer

Re:

Post by plucky »

Bruce N H wrote:If we're talking new molds, I still would love to see an official cow more than almost anything else.
Heh, wish granted :)

I wonder why they filled in the back on the Griffin mold, instead of leaving it open like the horse and
working with it from there. Maybe that's already answered somewhere else...

But heck, more colors, sure, why not! Purple, green, polka-dots! OK, maybe not polka-dots.
Any natural looking color works for me, otherwise, there's always spray paint.
Papy.G
Laborer

Re: A horse of a different color

Post by Papy.G »

While I have the shovel in hands, I'll go on digging:

I think, for the 25 years of the specialized horse, it would have been nice to get a new colour.
For the Castle lineup, a bluish grey would have fit perfectly with the good Wizard, but since the line is kinda discontinued/renewed, a tan or dark tan would be a better colour since more "generic".
If no new colour, basical printings on the horse's body representing natural patterns could do.

If nothing of it all would come, we can dream on about mass blended coulours, as the parrot's (with other basical colours).
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

Maybe it's not for everyone, but here's an obvious solution for equine variety: Two bays, a grey, and a roan á la yellow castle...

In my opinion, the old brick-built horses also have a sturdier, war-horse feel to them; The newer, lighter, mold-cast horses seem to me that they might be more appropriate for messengers and princesses, than for knights. Or it could be that I'm just an old bag of wind.

FLK
Thor
Foot Soldier

Post by Thor »

Just needed to revive this in case a Lego Rep is browsing. GIVE US DIFFERENT COLORED HORSES! I love the print on the new HP Owls and the Police Dog, now lets see those Horses!!! You make them, we will buy them!
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by J_MAN »

Quickblade22 wrote:In a recent topic, I saw the discussion about the lack of brown horses compared to those of black or white. What I got to thinking was, why is there only those choices of colors when there are so many to choose from. I particularlly would like to see more colors in this element. Both the light and dark bley would be great in my opinion. I also think that tan and the new dark tan would look great. The new dark brown is dying to be used on a horse as well. I can't imagine it would be that big of a deal for TLC to do this. Different prints and patterns would be great as well, but the simplest change would be good enough. I think it's time to update the horse without ruining what we have all loved for so long, so who's with me?
This is a great idea! Why couldn't I think of that!
Velliscig
Artisan

Re:

Post by Velliscig »

wobnam wrote:Excellent idea about more colors.

As for prints and patterns: Natural markings in skin and coat, yes. Anything else, like bardings, equipment and such, no!
The new Kingdoms sets coming out soon have horses with "equipment" on them, quite sadly, but at least one is coming in gray! TLC really just needs to put some quality research and effort into accurate horse skin/hair tones, and definitely more browns...