Weekly Set Review: Knight's Castle

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

As a kid I very much wanted this set, and as an adult I now have it! It's the only set fully built and displayed. It's just a great little castle. It comes with a good number of figs, a distinctive red gate, a gaol, cool green flags, and the ability to transform and join the castle with others of its type. That was one of the best aspects of castles of the era: it played well with others.

And yeah, it's BF, so that just makes it all the better.
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

Ah yes! This set is one of the reason that classic lego castles are the best. The castle was my first lego set as well. My mother bought it for me for my birthday back in the 80s. I loved this set and I still have a great fondness for it as well. I still have the pieces, but the castle has gone on to be included in some of my other sets. I am still trying to decide if I want to rebuild it again.

Anyway, it is a great set and nevermind the green flags. They just went to my Forestmen a few years later.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Great medium sized castle set. Although it is a bit plain, a few of these together (slightly altered of course)could pose as a formidable castle. A great set, one that I wish LEGO would re-release.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Maedhros wrote:To be honest I don´t understand what´s so brilliant about this.
Ey! Behave, mate!
:-)

Bye
Jojo

This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Jojo wrote:Hello!
Hello, Jojo, its great to see you back! Your first post since June, where have you been?

Josh (who couldn't help going off-topic a bit)
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Maedhros wrote:To be honest I don´t understand what´s so brilliant about this.
Ey! Behave, mate!
:-)

Bye
Jojo

Hehe... I guess I should feel quite honoured to have provoked you out of hiding ;) Nice to see you.

Maybe I was a bit harsh but what I wanted to state was that I don´t see a reason of proclaiming this an excellent 10/10 of DOOM that should be hallowed above all else :roll: Good, no doubt, but I still think it´s quite ugly...
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

JoshWedin wrote:
Hello, Jojo, its great to see you back! Your first post since June, where have you been?

Josh (who couldn't help going off-topic a bit)
I'll second you in this departure from topic... though only out of curiosity ; )

God Bless,

Nathan
Legacek
Gong Farmer

Re: Weekly Set Review: Knight's Castle

Post by Legacek »

My first LEGO Castle set 8) - I like this castle!
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Re:

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

Jojo wrote: I'm quite biased... I'm getting sentimental....

You're not the first!
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by J_MAN »

I really like this set! It has a cool fortress and six Black Falcon knights, how can you go wrong?
Unfortunatly,this set came out before I was born so I don't have a copy :cry: , but it is on my list of sets to get. I would definalty give this set a 10/10!
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

I've never owned an original set of this.. just a set I've managed to put together from BL.

Compared to other castles i own this is the smallest. It was definitely built for children as only someone with small fingers could get someone out of the prison cell.

Its a nicely designed castle and probably the first castle after the yellow one. Although it probably would have been more believable as a castle if it had been one wall piece deeper. instead of just the 3.

Theres barely enough room for a horse to turn around in. Not exactly a castle a knight would own.
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

I want this about 5,000,000% The black falcons are, in my opinnion, by far the coolest faction and this was (unless I'm mistaken) the second best black falcon castle.
-T.R.
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I want this about 5,000,000% The black falcons are, in my opinnion, by far the coolest faction and this was (unless I'm mistaken) the second best black falcon castle.
Percentage can not be that big. The best you can have is 100%, unless you are discussing marking up a price. In this case you are not.

Yes this is a very good set, which I do own. It is a lovely little set. It is one of the few I did not take apart after building. But it is not the best way to get a nice army of black falcons. Bricklink is. I will say it was not one of my favorites to build. But it is still one I am very proud to own.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
veevers24
Newbie of the Month

Post by veevers24 »

unfortunately I don't own this at the min - but would like to.

I did however buy six of the legend Black Falcons Fortress when it came out in 2001.

still waiting to find this set at a low enough price...
Redav
Artisan

Post by Redav »

I think this is the first set I owned. Shortly after I believe I recieved a few carts and the catapult. So for me it has been a bit of a favourite, especially as I remained my largest set until I purchased the Kings Castle (which I lusted after as a kid for years) recently. I have since bought a second one as my original isn't in the best of condition. It's a sturdy castle with plenty of bricks. It may be over shadowed by the Kings Castle and Black Falcon Fortress in size and style, it's still a good castle with a handful of soldiers and a stong dungeon.

I like it.
Team Jesus

[url=http://www.brickset.com/search/?ownedBy=redav]My Brickset List[/url]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/redavthe1st/]My Flickr Photostream[/url]