2010 LEGO Kingdoms Official Pictures

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Re: 2010 LEGO Kingdoms Official Pictures

Post by JoshWedin »

OverLoad wrote:Well, Dano mentioned that it will be available in both countries this year. Personally, I believe him, but I don't know where HE got the info, but he usually has the info and pictures of sets very early, and before everyone else.

Hopefully we'll have this confirmed, but you never know. :?
Thank you for the speedy reply. Yeah, Dano isn't an official source. He just collects all the leaked and early release pics in his stream. I am hoping that he's right in this case, but we will have to wait for official confirmation, which may not happen until we see them in stores or that they are available online.

Later,
Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by plums_deify »

Dano did say that, yes, but he isn't an employee of LEGO--and if he was, he wouldn't be permitted to discuss future products.

We'll know in a couple months if the US will be receiving the new Advent Calendar. They last few years we did not, because the decision was made far too far in advance to change it. But we can hope they've made the choice to have the product available in the United States.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Be Smart. Be evil.

Sister Brick @ [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]!
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

Napoleon wrote:Thanks! :D

Even though I see it clearly, I still don't know what it is... :lol:
me neither. maybe it's a battering ram cannon.
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

Just picked up the "King's Castle" at the LEGO store last night before watching Robin Hood! Fantastic buy, although I'm still on the fence as to whether the naming of the KC is a slap in the face to the one true KC or whether its a cheerful homage.

Either way, the sets look great, if not repetitive. I also picked up the Wizard and Jester :spin:

...I'm really torn w/my summer budget. I am a die-hard Castle person, but I'm REALLY envious of the Prince of Persia line, what with its Ostriches, Persian swords, turbans, and other original makes, models, and pieces. :cry:
For the King's Castle!
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

Sir Prog wrote:...I'm really torn w/my summer budget. I am a die-hard Castle person, but I'm REALLY envious of the Prince of Persia line, what with its Ostriches, Persian swords, turbans, and other original makes, models, and pieces. :cry:
It's not what you buy, it's what you build :)
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

wobnam wrote:
Sir Prog wrote:...I'm really torn w/my summer budget. I am a die-hard Castle person, but I'm REALLY envious of the Prince of Persia line, what with its Ostriches, Persian swords, turbans, and other original makes, models, and pieces. :cry:
It's not what you buy, it's what you build :)
Very true. Save up for the sets that you know you need the pieces for for your next castle project. Always be conservative with your spending. Don't read Mr. Wedin's signature...
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I received my first kingdoms set today. Oh that name, it reminds me of a soap opera, seriously it does.

But, I shall say this, I find the figs to be really really really good. They are a major draw for me now. Darn it all. I was going on a "no buying" month for June. But I vow to be sparring in my purchases.

I bought 7949 Prison Carriage Rescue. I even enjoyed building the cart, which was not like all the other carts I have built before or at least not completely a re-build. I absolutely was not in favor of this new horse head gear, and then I got it and think..hmmmm this can be very useful.

So...now that I have built one set, I'm more willing to explore the others. Or, I might just be all about the figs...
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I also wanted to weigh in on the 7949 Prison Carriage Rescue set. It is so far the largest of the Kingdoms sets I have gotten and IMHO (or not) it is THE best.

1. The figs: Variety of three! Most especially that Great Helm!
2. The black horse with the armor piece. Well, a black horse is reason enough.
3. The prison carriage is only that in name. You put a couple of figures from the Medieval Market Village on it, some yellow bricky-hay bales, some bread loaves and this is a trader's cart.

For $9.99 this is a best value set. No, not too many bricks or pieces, but what you get is really special.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

Not sure if this new has been released over here but LEGO has begun to set up the theme category for Castle Kingdom. They have even begun to stock the smaller sets.
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.as ... n=640&d=70
kingkastle
Laborer

Post by kingkastle »

Geez, I've been away for a long while two years plus, all of the Lego is packed up and stored away, when I saw the small set in Toys R Us today I bought two rushed home and now want to rush out in search of the rest of this awesome looking collection. Way to reintroduce me to my hobby of old, Lego!
well I would at least like to think that I'm evil...
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

kingkastle wrote:Geez, I've been away for a long while two years plus, all of the Lego is packed up and stored away, when I saw the small set in Toys R Us today I bought two rushed home and now want to rush out in search of the rest of this awesome looking collection. Way to reintroduce me to my hobby of old, Lego!
Welcome back. ;)

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

I don't wanna be "that guy" [well, sort of I do] but is there any insight into how the Kingdoms line might be expanded?

I've been excited by the colors and factions, but I'm interested and waiting patiently to see where this new line can go that isn't just a simplified or rehashed design [no offense].

GO KINGDOMS! :)
For the King's Castle!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

In my opinion, the Kingdoms line can go one or two directions without stumbling into total fantasy and still remain true to it's somewhat historical theme. They can either go deeper into the forests or they can expand into a village. Other than those two it would all be simple rehashing of been there and done that. That being said, we do have a Medieval Market Village still available, thought I expect it to evaporate by the holiday shopping season. Perhaps more of the other forms of village life, farming, taverns & apothecary shops. The people demand it! However I think a far better direction considering the classic throwback to the roots of Castle in the current theme would be to open the Royal Forests to bandits, outlaws and brigands. Bring on the Forestmen and Dark Forest themed sets to expand the Kingdoms and more than just I would be pleased. That would cover most people's wishes for Kingdoms I think.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Good news everyone!

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

JoshWedin wrote:
OverLoad wrote:Thankfully, thanks to the demand of last years, this calendar will be for sale in most retailers among the US. :)
I'm curious where you at getting this information. Hopefully its true, but I haven't seen a statement by Lego that this is happening.

Josh
I think we can call it confirmed. I just got a text from my pal who is right now pulling advent calendars off a fresh pallet. He's not sure when they will put them out for sale but be sure I will be the first to know....outside of store employees that is.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Re: Good news everyone!

Post by Kosh »

Ye Olde Republic wrote: I think we can call it confirmed. I just got a text from my pal who is right now pulling advent calendars off a fresh pallet. He's not sure when they will put them out for sale but be sure I will be the first to know....outside of store employees that is.
This is good news indeed, these should be easier to obtain than the Collectible minifigs to be sure, I do SO want a couple of advent calenders.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.