New Castle Faction Names?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Jojo
Master

Re: New Castle Faction Names?

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
davee123 wrote:Oh, but if you play the games, it gives you a choice in sides, calling them "Dragon Knight" and "Lion Knight"! So, perhaps "Lion Knights" is the official name?
Well, "Dragon Knights" and "Lion Knights" simply is, what they are, according to their respective coats of arms. So whether or not these names are considered "official" (which I think we should not cling to all too much), those are reasonable names to refer to these factions. In most cases it will be perfectly clear what is spoken about.

However, because on Classic-Castle we deal with different knights from more than 30 years with repeated lions and dragons crests, it can't be wrong to have some more definite labelling up your sleeve. In the rare case of doubt some reference to the name of the line ("Kingdoms") or the year (2010) would probably be helpful.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

davee123 wrote:...these two new castle factions.
I guess I don't see them as "new" castle factions at all. The knights defending the King's castle in 1984 bore rampant lions on their shields -- and now, they still do. They just updated their uniforms a little bit. Same story with the dragon knights -- there's a new wizard dabbling with dragons, but it's pretty much the same group. If it's not clear from context, and you need to refer to a specific set of models that came out in one year, then you could always adopt the method used for models of cars and refer to the '84 Lions or the 2010 Dragons.
veevers24
Newbie of the Month

Post by veevers24 »

I think they should be called "smallies"