Castle at Brickfair 2010

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Castle at Brickfair 2010

Post by Blego7 »

I am kind of surprised that there is no topic for this right now (as far as I know). Anyhow I have taken the liberty to create it.

First of all who is going this year?
What was your favorite thing last year?
What feelings do you have about the new site?
and last but certainly not least what creations are you bringing?

I would love to see all of you there in person and look forward to the date.
Tanager
Serf

Re: Castle at Brickfair 2010

Post by Tanager »

I am, as of now, planning to be at BrickFair with Brickistan 2.0. Hopefully that won't change. I still need to make my hotel reservation, which will likely be somewhere in Baltimore if the current rate of hotel rooms disappearing continues.

-Sandy
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

I registered the other day, so I'm tentatively planning on being there right now and will be bringing a large castle display. Not sure what to do about hotels yet as most are sold out, but there's time to get that figured out.

Get ready for more battles against Brickistan... we've got to take over that land!! (if only for the alligators and elephants with cannons on their backs!)
-Joe "Cool"
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

Yeah I know right? I am doing a rather large Pirate display right now but I will hopefully have enough pieces(or money) for where my heart is at a castle. 2.o huh? Double the amazingness!
Yegos
Villein

Post by Yegos »

I will be there. I'm currently not scheduled to bring anything but that may change. Time is not my friend right now.
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

Yeah I know right? I am so impatient when it comes to building. I either have too much time to leave a really good creation up or too little time to make another one. But that is the way of LEGO.
James Burgundy
Gong Farmer

Post by James Burgundy »

I am going to be there and while my main building focus will be ob Apoc display I have a good amount castle figs to bring and hope to get some castle stuff made for them ahead of time.
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

I have scheduled my hotel room and if my MOC survives the hour to brickworld then I shall bring it to DC. It is a castle display measuring approximately 200" by 40". I am really looking forward to seeing you all there!
James Burgundy
Gong Farmer

Post by James Burgundy »

Can't wait to see it, lucky that you only have an hour drive I have like nine plus hours form Alabama.
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

Geez! I live in Western PA so it is about good 6 hours round trip. But Hey! I saw a guy from Germany on the attendees list.
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

Ok, pardon the newb question, but I found the website for Brickfair http://www.brickfair.com/ but all I see is a listing for buying tickets in advance. I'm assuming you have to register if you want to bring something, does anybody know where the link to that is?

I'd certainly like to go as I'm only two hours away in Richmond, we'll see if I can pull something together between now and then to bring.
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

Naturally it would be more providential that you did it before hand though I am not sure if they accept checks at the door.
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

Also KC Ross the coordinator of the Castle section has hosted a new tournament with Smaller castle models whether microscale or otherwise the only requirement is that it must be smaller than a 32 x 32 baseplate. There shall even be a special trophy for the winner.
Yegos
Villein

Post by Yegos »

nanuck95 wrote:Ok, pardon the newb question, but I found the website for Brickfair http://www.brickfair.com/ but all I see is a listing for buying tickets in advance. I'm assuming you have to register if you want to bring something, does anybody know where the link to that is?

I'd certainly like to go as I'm only two hours away in Richmond, we'll see if I can pull something together between now and then to bring.
Go here to register as an exhibitor for the convention:

http://www.brickfair.com/afol/
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

Thanks for the info. My work schedule is up in the air at this point and I could potentially be in either Michigan, Alaska, or Puerto Rico in early August for work. So, at this point I'll just plan on going as a spectator if I am still in town and am able to go.