'Normal' Great Sword and Crown

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Re: 'Normal' Great Sword and Crown

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

The greatsword would have definately seen more usage on my figures if it were gray or black. I could picture some of my unique figures using it. Bruce however has a good point that the sword is too large for widespread use. I don't think I would have an army equiped with them, but that's just me. The crowns would be good in other colors, especially red or black. :twisted:

As far as having a new crown I would support it but that's due to me having quite a few extra chrome ones.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Napoleon
Archer

Post by Napoleon »

Athos wrote:I'd like a new crown. One that is less like a helmet and more like a circlet.

Steve
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circlet I would much rather have a crown that looks like the crown of Imperial France: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Imper ... poleon.svg This is the kind I always wanted to be made. Sure, the current crown is fine for warrior-kings, but what about the sit down-and-plot type? They don't need all those nose and neck guards that are on the current one. They need a lavish one that just displays their rank.

Who knows, maybe LEGO will make a king fig for those collectable minifig impulses? :raiseone: Maybe a prince too, although, he better not look like something out of a Barbie movie. :lol:

EDIT: I just of something. I'd also like a laurel crown. :) Who dosen't want an Augustus fig?

And as far as the great sword goes, I would love to see it in different, non-chipping colors. If they were to make a new sword piece, I would prefer a Medieval Islamic/Turkish blade: single cutting edge, perfectly straight, and with a fancy hilt.
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

[url=http://z7.invisionfree.com/Teen_LEGO_Fans/index.php?]TeenLEGOFans.com![/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/55680977@N04/]My Flickr![/url]
legokilt
Bailiff

Post by legokilt »

I think that the great sword would be excellent in black or grey. I prefer the look of it to the angular great swords of the Vikings and Knights Kingdoms. Also, were they available in solid colors, they would be much easier to modify, Think of it, a great sword hilt on a sword that is half way between the regular sword and the great sword in length. As for the crown, different colors would be great for statues, etc, but I prefer the chrome for the royals. I do have to agree that a different type of crown would be excellent. Also, for those who have been fans of Lego for a long time, check out your first crowns. all of my early crowns that were golden chrome have aged and lost some of the gold and are now simply silver chrome. My prince uses one. The others are kept in the vaults. Your humble servant.
Lego helps make history fun!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I hate the way the KK2 & Viking "zwords" have a downward angled handguard. More than anything that is what bothers me about those designs. The other problem I see with LEGO medieval period official swords is that they are oversized to the point where figure poses become difficult due to width of blade and size of handguard or pommel. Brickforge swords and many of the cursed Mega Bloks blades avoid this, so you can get some nice blades if you are not a purist. Brickforge makes most of the minifigure swords we've been asking for here in this topic, and I hope they continue as long as there is Brick to build around.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

I'm not to fond of either of these elements so I don't really care if they come in other colours or not. The great sword is a bit too great for a minifig (it looks like a sword for one of the Toy Story figs) and a crown isn't exactly an element you need in large quantities. While the current crown isn't excactly fantastic, it does the job. I would rather see LEGO produce a few new accessories instead of rehashing the same limited-use elements we seem to see every year. It took us 30 years to get a Great Helm and I wouldn't be surprised if it took us another 30 years to get a proper sallet or bascinet.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

Blueandwhite wrote:I'm not to fond of either of these elements so I don't really care if they come in other colours or not. The great sword is a bit too great for a minifig (it looks like a sword for one of the Toy Story figs) and a crown isn't exactly an element you need in large quantities. While the current crown isn't excactly fantastic, it does the job. I would rather see LEGO produce a few new accessories instead of rehashing the same limited-use elements we seem to see every year. It took us 30 years to get a Great Helm and I wouldn't be surprised if it took us another 30 years to get a proper sallet or bascinet.
Shrugs, they will rehash the same elements if we like or dislike it or not (you could swap out the words approve/disapprove in that statement if you so desire).

It's a rare thing where they'll let a mold 'go fallow' , at least a more specialized one for a active product line. They are going to want to get thier money's worth from it.

While I agree you do not normally at least need very many crowns, I do not expect them to disappear anytime soon.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Current crowns just need to be de-chromed. The Troll King's helm was a HUGE disappointment in that they were supposed to be metallic bronze, but all we got was reddish brown. Metallic colors are needed for the crown, but I've had enough of the gold chrome already. Are they just going to keep on producing that the way it is because it is inferior and degrades after a few years of part sorting?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Kosh wrote:
Blueandwhite wrote:I'm not to fond of either of these elements so I don't really care if they come in other colours or not. The great sword is a bit too great for a minifig (it looks like a sword for one of the Toy Story figs) and a crown isn't exactly an element you need in large quantities. While the current crown isn't excactly fantastic, it does the job. I would rather see LEGO produce a few new accessories instead of rehashing the same limited-use elements we seem to see every year. It took us 30 years to get a Great Helm and I wouldn't be surprised if it took us another 30 years to get a proper sallet or bascinet.
Shrugs, they will rehash the same elements if we like or dislike it or not (you could swap out the words approve/disapprove in that statement if you so desire).

It's a rare thing where they'll let a mold 'go fallow' , at least a more specialized one for a active product line. They are going to want to get thier money's worth from it.

While I agree you do not normally at least need very many crowns, I do not expect them to disappear anytime soon.
While LEGO has used many of the same pieces for years, they've also introduced a large number of disposable elements to the castle line such as the five KKII visors, the space-barbute, the power rangers sword and a large number of more specific elements such as the dwarf helmets. I don't have a problem with a few of these elements (the dwarf helmets for example), but I don't see the problem with hoping for a few elements that are a bit more useful. We have seen some new accessories over the years which have become a mainstay of the castle line including the kettle helm, closed helm, and now the great helm to name a few.

Why is it unreasonable to hope for a few more elements that follow this pattern? If LEGO is going to waste resources designing new castle headgear wouldn't it be preferrable to design something that is going to be reused frequently rather than something that is exceedingly specific? I can use 40 kettle helms in my collection. I probably don't need 40 power-ranger visors. Conversely, a sallet is a helmet that LEGO could milk for another 20 years along with the few that they are still using.

As for the crown; I don't want it to disappear. It serves its purpose and I wouldn't expect a new crown won't be that much different. My point was, I'm hoping that LEGO doesn't waste resources on such a limited-use item when there are more interesting elements that we still don't have.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]