Stickers

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
RiseBelow71
Serf

Stickers

Post by RiseBelow71 »

Hello there I am new to the world of using custom stickers, I have a few questions that someone might be able to answer for me.
1 What do you print the stickers out on, is there a special sticker sheet for legos, or just a regular old sheet?
2 How do you get bodys without stickers on them or do you peel them off?
Thanks a bunch if someone can help me out
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: Stickers

Post by Bluesecrets »

Hi and welcome to CC. I'm going to move your topic to the customizing forum, because it is primarily where questions like this are answered.

I can answer a few questions. www.bricklink.com is a place to get blank torsos most of the time. Some people remove their decals from LEGO piece using a substance called Brasso.

As far as the material different people use to print their stickers, well this varies. Myself, I am not a customizer at all. But when I'm in need of a sticker, well I use window cling material and run it through my printer. Why window cling material? Because it sticks by static only. I can remove it without destroying my pieces (I am NOT a fan of the destruction of pieces). And I can put it back on if I so choose. As far as I'm aware, I might be the only person using this method.

There are some using sticker sheets that run their their printers and still other use something called waterslides. But I'll let the experts help you with those.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Rogue Shadow
Foot Soldier

Post by Rogue Shadow »

Thanks Bluesecrets! (She posted her message while I was writing mine, so she answered everything I was going to cover, and more!) I'm going to echo what she said. Bricklink is definitely the place to go to buy any Lego you will ever need.
Rogue
What is the most resilient parasite?...An idea. Highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed-fully understood-that sticks; right in there somewhere. -INCEPTION
RiseBelow71
Serf

Post by RiseBelow71 »

Thanks for your help this helped alot.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Blue called for an expert, so here I am. :wave:

I wrote this in a different topic, so here goes:
I think playability has to do with how Lego-y you want your stuff to look, as oppossed to what type of material you use. I personally have no experience with water-slide decals. I hear that they are the best for making the stickers seem official. They are also the hardest and most expensive to use. I have used sticker paper in the past. I'm not too fond of how the ink manages to chip and the edges can lift and bend. The method I use is to print it on regular paper. Use packing tape to cover it and scissors to cut the edges. Here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
Cheaper
Protects the decal
Gives it a shiny surface
Keeps from damaging the original print

Cons
If you cut the tape wrong, it looks bad on your custom
you still have sticky substance on the minifig

I hope this helps
Check out some really good designs here also: LINK
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!