Dragon Knights Battle Pack = SOLD OUT

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
troll
Laborer

Re: Dragon Knights Battle Pack = SOLD OUT

Post by troll »

Heh they are still available in Norway so i'm snatching me some today.

CastleLord.
har ikke prøvd lego s@h Norway enda, men hvis du har brukt det før, circa hvor mange dager tar det å få det?

translated: haven't tried lego s@h Norway yet, but if you have, how long time does it take to get it home?
Look! it's a troll, it's a funny troll! ---> :orc:

"When nothing goes right, go left"
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

LEGO store in Calgary has a buttload of dragon battle packs.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Tyrant
Villein

Post by Tyrant »

Username wrote:Bleh. They don't even have the best dragon knight torso (the scalloped cowl one in Prison Tower Rescue).
Are you talking about this figure? If so, here is the actual inventory of the set. There is one of those figures in the set. The primary pic on the S@H website is an earlier pic.

It looks like they will be back in stock (supposedly October) so I will have to buy more of them when they come back to help balance out my armies.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Well alright, but just one? Still no thanks.
Tyrant
Villein

Post by Tyrant »

Username wrote:Well alright, but just one? Still no thanks.
I wish there was a second one in there too. I guess we can only hope this figure shows up in a smaller set next year.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Tyrant wrote:
Username wrote:Well alright, but just one? Still no thanks.
I wish there was a second one in there too. I guess we can only hope this figure shows up in a smaller set next year.
Would be awesome if it showed up in a new impulse.
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

LegoLord. wrote:Lego is hard enough to come by where I live in Tennessee at the best of times. Thankfully, I bought the last King's Castle set at TRU the other day. They were all out of the impulse jester and wizard, which was rather depressing.
Perhaps you need to not limit your self to Brick and mortar stores then, there is always online ordering....
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

Even though I know these are still available, every time I read this it just stresses me out beyond belief! :(
For the King's Castle!
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

Day later update, I called both stores near me and they are all sold out with no date in sight for more??!! AAAAAHHH!?? :cry:

This is a disaster! Castle Fantasy mini-figs crisis all over again. :(
For the King's Castle!
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

They may not know too far in advance what's going to be on the truck, the computers likely know the 2 or 3 but anything beyond that is likely speculation. Now they DO seem to usually know if somethings backordered (or are able to look it up).

If you are able you may wish to place a order with S@H for when the backorder lifts and they start shipping them again. I know that not everyone has the ability to use a credit card to do so(or other possible reasons), so in that case maybe call every couple of weeks and see if they get some or at least are able to get a date for a shipment. Oh, I also realize that paying the shipping means less budget for bricks as well, but you'd be very likely to get the copies you wanted by placing a backorder with S@H.
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

Kosh wrote:They may not know too far in advance what's going to be on the truck, the computers likely know the 2 or 3 but anything beyond that is likely speculation. Now they DO seem to usually know if somethings backordered (or are able to look it up).

If you are able you may wish to place a order with S@H for when the backorder lifts and they start shipping them again. I know that not everyone has the ability to use a credit card to do so(or other possible reasons), so in that case maybe call every couple of weeks and see if they get some or at least are able to get a date for a shipment. Oh, I also realize that paying the shipping means less budget for bricks as well, but you'd be very likely to get the copies you wanted by placing a backorder with S@H.
Lol, after I posted that last message but before I came back on and saw your reply, I did go ahead and bite the bullet on S&H by ordering online. However, I had accrued $20 (U.S.) in VIP rewards so my payment decreased dramatically.

Even the Lego Store workers that I talked to over the phone (when checking on availability) said they were sold out, had no idea of when or IF battle packs would be back in stores. Now I know better, I waited on the Crownies & Skeletons battle packs...GONE. I waited on the Dwarves & Orges battle packs...GONE. I was in the store at the beginning of the summer, and it had to have been the first day(s) Kingdoms were out. Just had no idea they would be sold out and gone by summer's end?? Now I'll know from now on, its "now or never" any time I see Castle brand battle packs! :?
For the King's Castle!
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

Sir Prog wrote: Lol, after I posted that last message but before I came back on and saw your reply, I did go ahead and bite the bullet on S&H by ordering online. However, I had accrued $20 (U.S.) in VIP rewards so my payment decreased dramatically.

Even the Lego Store workers that I talked to over the phone (when checking on availability) said they were sold out, had no idea of when or IF battle packs would be back in stores. Now I know better, I waited on the Crownies & Skeletons battle packs...GONE. I waited on the Dwarves & Orges battle packs...GONE. I was in the store at the beginning of the summer, and it had to have been the first day(s) Kingdoms were out. Just had no idea they would be sold out and gone by summer's end?? Now I'll know from now on, its "now or never" any time I see Castle brand battle packs! :?
Well that *IS* the trick as I see it, knowing- well guessing- if something is going to come back in stock or not.

Your statement here " Now I'll know from now on, its "now or never" any time I see Castle brand battle packs! :?" is the way I deal with Clearance LEGO these days, I used to think I'll go back, now it's hard enough to find any sets at all most of the time. Although in some ways finding less while harder on my wallet, means that either LEGO themselves or the retailer did a better job in guessing the quantities people were going to buy at regular price and thus are more likely to stay in business for future transactions....

I have already gotten more battlepacks for the DragonKnights compared to the previous lines, although that was easy enough to do at a very low count....
SevFalcon
Laborer

Post by SevFalcon »

These are some great modern army builder packs. Wished we had these back in the days....

Anybody finding these in U.S. retail stores like Toys R Us, Wal-Marts, Targets, etc?....
Legoorci
Apprentice

Post by Legoorci »

Here in Germany aren't the kingdomssets in the top 25 and they aren't sold out!
In some stores I noticed that the Dragon Knights are prefered by the customers...
For my army I bought in some stores (Vedes) these sets for just 2 euros each:
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=30061-1
You can see my MoCs on [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoorci/]my Flickr Account[/url] and you can see them also on [url=http://legoorci.wordpress.com/]my Blog[/url] where you also can read the stories behind the MoCs...but in german.
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

SevFalcon wrote:These are some great modern army builder packs. Wished we had these back in the days....

Anybody finding these in U.S. retail stores like Toys R Us, Wal-Marts, Targets, etc?....
Nope, they are meant to be LEGO Exclusive, thus only the LEGO stores and S@H have them (some of the larger Exclusives wind up in other retailers but I've never heard of the Battlepacks doing so). So, NO mass market retailers for Battlepacks.
Legoorci wrote:Here in Germany aren't the kingdomssets in the top 25 and they aren't sold out!
In some stores I noticed that the Dragon Knights are prefered by the customers...
For my army I bought in some stores (Vedes) these sets for just 2 euros each:
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=30061-1
The Kingdom's sets have been very popular here in the USA as well, I have not looked to see the ranking on Shop.LEGO.com for the USA but the local LEGO Imagination Center keeps running out of Kingdom sets, the Battlepacks in particular tend to go quickly.
We do *NOT* appear to have set 30061 (or 30062) available here in the USA, it certainly has not appeared on S@H or any retail location I have visited... As that is the type of set that I like to buy a number of (along with Battlepacks and sets like the 7949 Prison Carriage Rescue). 30061& 30062 are both decent designs but this is straying off topic now.

S@H looks like they have both Battlepacks back in stock for the USA.