Castle at Brickfair 2010

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Yegos
Villein

Re: Castle at Brickfair 2010

Post by Yegos »

Well Brick Fair is over but what a blast!

Castle had some really cool stuff, unfortunately my primary camera batteries decided to provide exactly 14 minutes of flashy time before running out. I had to switch to another camera. I'm sifting through those shots before posting them to Flickr.

There was quite a few nice displays including one rather large castle by <name withheld> (with cheerleaders!) and a really cool keep with innards that could be taken apart quickly to see said innards. There were many displays that were pretty awesome.

According to the BF number crunching gnomes, 22,000+ people came to see the displays over two days. It was amazing! It was really inspiring to see so many people. I answered many questions from BFair public attendees and I think I may have actually converted three or four more people into AFOL's during the public hours. :D

The only sad part was that I didn't really have a chance to talk to many other registered attendee's. I have to make a better effort next year.

Now if I can just get my wife to let me go to Seattle...
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Re: Castle at Brickfair 2010

Post by Blego7 »

Yegos wrote:Well Brick Fair is over but what a blast!

Castle had some really cool stuff, unfortunately my primary camera batteries decided to provide exactly 14 minutes of flashy time before running out. I had to switch to another camera. I'm sifting through those shots before posting them to Flickr.

There was quite a few nice displays including one rather large castle by <name withheld> (with cheerleaders!) and a really cool keep with innards that could be taken apart quickly to see said innards. There were many displays that were pretty awesome.

According to the BF number crunching gnomes, 22,000+ people came to see the displays over two days. It was amazing! It was really inspiring to see so many people. I answered many questions from BFair public attendees and I think I may have actually converted three or four more people into AFOL's during the public hours. :D

The only sad part was that I didn't really have a chance to talk to many other registered attendee's. I have to make a better effort next year.

Now if I can just get my wife to let me go to Seattle...
Yeah it was indeed an incredible advent to be sure. 22,000? Wow. That is a lot of money going to charity. Praise God. Anyway back to more relevant topics.
I unveiled my next Tribute to America project which was right across the way in the Pirate Section.(Fort McHenry)
As well as the 2 minor castle projects on the corner by Chris Edward's castle creations. One of them was a nominee for Best Castle. (Miller's outpost) Which I will hopefully post pictures here soon.

To be sure I loved having all the creations in the same room unlike last year. However the entire atmosphere I didn't find all that comfortable. But Hey! Its Brickfair!
I thought the castle displays were a little better this year than previous years. My Friends brought Osgiliath(to the right of mine) and Hobbiton which was up by the opposite corner.

All in all a great advent. Hope to be there next year.