Collectible Minifigures Series Two

Discussion of general LEGO topics
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Re: Collectable Minifigures Series Two

Post by JPinoy »

I will INHALE many of those minifigs into my LEGO Armies!
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

JPinoy wrote:I will INHALE many of those minifigs into my LEGO Armies!
That's gonna hurt.
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Sir Nelson wrote:
JPinoy wrote:I will INHALE many of those minifigs into my LEGO Armies!
That's gonna hurt.
Yeah... my wallet will be writhing in pain come September. You see... I plan on getting 300 Spartans! :twisted:
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Two unopened cases just arrived in my hot little hands. I shall give you a count for each case, just in case you were wondering if they were both identical. Now, time to go cross-eyed matching up the upc codes.

Case 1:
Weightlifter........4
Explorer............3
Mime................4
Disco Man..........3
Cop..................5
Pharaoh............4
Lifeguard..........4
Mariachi...........4
Ringmaster........4
Martial Artist......5
Diva.................3
Witch...............4
Skier................3
Surfer..............3
Dracula.............4
Spartan.............3

Case 2:
Case 1:
Weightlifter........4
Explorer............3
Mime................4
Disco Man..........2
Cop..................5
Pharaoh............4
Lifeguard..........4
Mariachi...........4
Ringmaster........5
Martial Artist......5
Diva.................3
Witch...............4
Skier................3
Surfer..............3
Dracula.............4
Spartan.............3
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

Are you going to compare or track which figures are in which row or the position in each row? I feel it would be VERY interesting to find out if the cases are packed with the same minifigs in the same pattern from case to case......
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Are you going to compare or track which figures are in which row or the position in each row? I feel it would be VERY interesting to find out if the cases are packed with the same minifigs in the same pattern from case to case......
No. I have enough going on trying to match the codes, keep them separated, keep count of each, and each case..without adding extra to it (not to mention keeping to dogs out of the process). I found absolutely the cases are NOT packed the same at all. And more importantly, the cases are not identical.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

I made my score today, got one of each and a couple with seconds or thirds. Only 2 Spartans which is the one I'll acquire everyone I can of....
but at least this round I managed to find and acquire some at the local TRU.

Looking at Bluesecret's case break out the only 2 'figs with different quantities were the Ringmaster and Disco guy, that in theory could be a mistake. Every case count I have seen has the Spartans pegged @ 3 per case.
Tanotrooper
Gentleman

Post by Tanotrooper »

Kosh wrote:Are you going to compare or track which figures are in which row or the position in each row? I feel it would be VERY interesting to find out if the cases are packed with the same minifigs in the same pattern from case to case......
I have went through several boxes and in some, several figures of the same type are packed in the same row. In other boxes, everything's mixed up. It seems LEGO did go pretty random on these.

@JPinoy: 100 is feasable without overdoing on the price. 300 is possible if you're willing to spend 7 euro's each on BL. Still, I'd like to see you do it :)

Gaetano
my brickshelf gallery:
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tanotrooper[/url]

Please take a look at my TTfigs:
[url]http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=15[/url]
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Looking at Bluesecret's case break out the only 2 'figs with different quantities were the Ringmaster and Disco guy, that in theory could be a mistake. Every case count I have seen has the Spartans pegged @ 3 per case.
Nope, because someone else got a case today too and their numbers are still different than mine and not just with those two figures.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

FWIW: 3 spartans in each of the 3 boxes i checked today.
Kevin1990
Grounded

Post by Kevin1990 »

wobnam wrote:FWIW: 3 spartans in each of the 3 boxes i checked today.
Luckey you 3 spartans..

I think the spartans are the most poppulair of all the two series
[url=http://www.brickmania.com/community/]Top Poster on Brickmania[/url]
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/feedback.asp?u=Kevin1990]Proud Briclinker[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Kevin1990]Brickshelf[/url]
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

Shrugs, I have no desire to upset anyone, had asked a simple question earlier and made a comment fitting the facts as I knew them.
I am glad I got some so now it feels like the pressure to find some is off. I will acquire more spartans if given an opportunity to do so. The others I will evaluate a bit further and decide if I wish any more of a particular fig or not. The mime is tempting due to the extra heads.... The sombraro guy is also tempting as well but we'll see. I could have poured both boxes into my basket once I found out there was no limit, but have no desire to acquire that many duplicates at once, besides I was loaning out my printout of the barcode 'Cheat sheet ' at the time. Next time I'll bring a extra copy or 2 to give away if someone wants one ( I left today's copy in someone else's possession today when I left). I'll likely just have one copy with just the barcodes of what I want (if I can get an image program to dance to my tune) plus a copy or 2 of the full sheets.
Kharavex
Serf

Post by Kharavex »

Kosh wrote:Shrugs, I have no desire to upset anyone, had asked a simple question earlier and made a comment fitting the facts as I knew them.
I am glad I got some so now it feels like the pressure to find some is off. I will acquire more spartans if given an opportunity to do so. The others I will evaluate a bit further and decide if I wish any more of a particular fig or not. The mime is tempting due to the extra heads.... The sombraro guy is also tempting as well but we'll see. I could have poured both boxes into my basket once I found out there was no limit, but have no desire to acquire that many duplicates at once, besides I was loaning out my printout of the barcode 'Cheat sheet ' at the time.

Next time I'll bring a extra copy or 2 to give away if someone wants one ( I left today's copy in someone else's possession today when I left). I'll likely just have one copy with just the barcodes of what I want (if I can get an image program to dance to my tune) plus a copy or 2 of the full sheets.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. I still can't shake the feeling that AFOLs were not the primary target for the figs; the real target was children. If the figs are this hard to come by, I doubt kids have seen any of these yet. Now, they know about them and bring their parents, searching for certain figs if the the figs are not sold out.

I left copies as well. There are way too many people interested in these figs besides the regular Lego diehards. You get a warm fuzzy felling when exasperated parents thank you profusely when they can finally pick out the figs they need instead of the random shotgun purchase.The staff at my local TRU seemed to appreciate the gesture as well, they let me bypass the purchase limit. I had the chance to buy two full cases but instead walked out with a set and a few extras. And no, I didn't take the extra spartans. So, now its off to Brickforge.
Last edited by Kharavex on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Puppets!"
"And so begins another conversation that will test the encumbrance limits of my sanity ."- Roy Greenhilt - OOTS
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Kharavex wrote:The staff at my local TRU seemed to appreciate the gesture as well, they let me bypass the purchase limit. I had the chance to buy two full cases but instead walked out with a set and a few extras. And no, I didn't take the extra spartans. So, now its off to Brickforge.
There's a purchase limit on the figs? I bought rather a lot of them today, and there didn't seem to be any issues with that; also, a friend of mine who works at TRU told me there was no limit on them (I asked specifically).

Cm2
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porschecm ... onal.1.png[/img]
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
Kharavex
Serf

Post by Kharavex »

porschecm2 wrote:
Kharavex wrote:The staff at my local TRU seemed to appreciate the gesture as well, they let me bypass the purchase limit. I had the chance to buy two full cases but instead walked out with a set and a few extras. And no, I didn't take the extra spartans. So, now its off to Brickforge.
There's a purchase limit on the figs? I bought rather a lot of them today, and there didn't seem to be any issues with that; also, a friend of mine who works at TRU told me there was no limit on them (I asked specifically).

Cm2
Local descretion or policy, I suppose.

I have a question though. Series 1 sold for 2.49/ea. but now series 2 is selling for 1.99/ea. I am wondering what prices everyone else is paying?
"Puppets!"
"And so begins another conversation that will test the encumbrance limits of my sanity ."- Roy Greenhilt - OOTS