Dragon Knights Battle Pack = SOLD OUT

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Lethke
Serf

Re: Dragon Knights Battle Pack = SOLD OUT

Post by Lethke »

Found several battlepacks at a normal toystore here in the Netherlands. Bought me 3 of them.
They alsohad the promo set of the dragon knights. The one with the cart thingy.

Now i just hope they'll also get some advent calanders. :D
SevFalcon
Laborer

Post by SevFalcon »

Kosh wrote:
SevFalcon wrote:These are some great modern army builder packs. Wished we had these back in the days....

Anybody finding these in U.S. retail stores like Toys R Us, Wal-Marts, Targets, etc?....
Nope, they are meant to be LEGO Exclusive, thus only the LEGO stores and S@H have them (some of the larger Exclusives wind up in other retailers but I've never heard of the Battlepacks doing so). So, NO mass market retailers for Battlepacks.

S@H looks like they have both Battlepacks back in stock for the USA.
Thanks for the info on that Kosh. I went to the closest Lego store today and was told they sold out but can place an order for me. So that's a nice option.

What is S@H?
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

S@H is short for Shop at Home, the traditional name for LEGO's Mail-Telephone-and now website ordering service.

I forget that they do not mention it prominently as they used to.

So http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.as ... 922&cn=640 is part of what I still think of as S@H even if they do not internally think of it that way.

buying from the website would have shipping and likely sales tax as well, not sure if getting it shipped to the store for you to collect (if that's even an option) would do so or not.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

Is there a reason that the Dragon Knights Battle Pack is now showing different torsos/legs for 2 of the figs as opposed to the original image? Figs in question are the one in the top middle (legs are plain and torso looks plain underneath the armor though hard to tell) and the fig on the right (now has a dragon torso instead of a chainmail torso. Check images against BrickLink http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?O=852922-1 to see for yourself as they're showing the original. Did they make a change for the 2nd run of figs due to their popularity?

It should also be noted though that the Red/White Knights Battle Pack has not changed, from what I can tell.
-Joe "Cool"
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

My two battle packs that I ordered online [out of fear] finally came in. :)

What a relief! :sly:
For the King's Castle!
SevFalcon
Laborer

Post by SevFalcon »

JCool wrote:Is there a reason that the Dragon Knights Battle Pack is now showing different torsos/legs for 2 of the figs as opposed to the original image? Figs in question are the one in the top middle (legs are plain and torso looks plain underneath the armor though hard to tell) and the fig on the right (now has a dragon torso instead of a chainmail torso. Check images against BrickLink http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?O=852922-1 to see for yourself as they're showing the original. Did they make a change for the 2nd run of figs due to their popularity?

It should also be noted though that the Red/White Knights Battle Pack has not changed, from what I can tell.
JCool, I received my DK set the other day, and it's identical to the image on BrickLink. I had purchased mine from lego.com. I was hoping to get another one later down the road, but I hope it's still the same for the figs.

Did you get yours at a store? Were there other sets that you could've compared yours to?
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

SevFalcon wrote: JCool, I received my DK set the other day, and it's identical to the image on BrickLink. I had purchased mine from lego.com. I was hoping to get another one later down the road, but I hope it's still the same for the figs.

Did you get yours at a store? Were there other sets that you could've compared yours to?
I recently picked up a slew of the battle packs from the store when the got back in stock. They were all as expected and contained the proper figs. Not sure why Lego.com is showing the Dragon Battle Pack differently, but the ones I received from the store are the same as what BrickLink is showing.
-Joe "Cool"
General Magma
Gong Farmer

Post by General Magma »

I wanted to buy some of these aswell, but I have my doubts about the quality of the figures however.
Are they just of the normal quality or cheap plastic?
Just wanted to ask to make sure before I buy them.

~ General Magma
"No, TLC! Those guys are orcs, they are no troll warriors!"
BiggerJim
Apprentice

Post by BiggerJim »

The one I got was lower quality then normal figs. I got a Lion battle pack but assume the Dragon's would be the same. It's noticeable enough that I wouldn't by more of them, but others may feel differently about that.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=biggerjim]My store[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/biggerjim/]My Flickr[/url]
MOC's come and go....But sorting is forever.
Captain Cochise
Serf

Post by Captain Cochise »

General Magma wrote:I wanted to buy some of these aswell, but I have my doubts about the quality of the figures however.
Are they just of the normal quality or cheap plastic?
Just wanted to ask to make sure before I buy them.

~ General Magma
I've received 4 packs of the Dragon Knights, but have only opened one. upon inspection, The quality of the minifigs is better than the cheapo collectible minifigs. I've also opened one set of the Lion Knights. Other than having none of the cool new great helms, the figs we better quality than the collectible minifigs as well. I like the printing on both sides of the bodies with the new Kingdom's line as well. I hit the BOGO sale at TRU a few weeks back and picked up 8 of the Prison Carriage Rescue. I've also got the King's Castle as well. Those minifigs are all better quality that the Collectible cheapos. I think the printed legs on some of the knights spoil it for the others... :spin:
[url]http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/6331[/url]

Everything tiled? Check. Vegetation on Steriods? Check. Excessive stone work and Rocks? Check.
BiggerJim
Apprentice

Post by BiggerJim »

Captain Cochise wrote:
I've received 4 packs of the Dragon Knights, but have only opened one. upon inspection, The quality of the minifigs is better than the cheapo collectible minifigs. I've also opened one set of the Lion Knights. Other than having none of the cool new great helms, the figs we better quality than the collectible minifigs as well. I like the printing on both sides of the bodies with the new Kingdom's line as well. I hit the BOGO sale at TRU a few weeks back and picked up 8 of the Prison Carriage Rescue. I've also got the King's Castle as well. Those minifigs are all better quality that the Collectible cheapos. I think the printed legs on some of the knights spoil it for the others...
I was comparing the battle pack figs to the set figs. The quality in the packs I got was clearly a step down from the sets. But this was some time ago (May, maybe?) so perhaps it's changed now.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=biggerjim]My store[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/biggerjim/]My Flickr[/url]
MOC's come and go....But sorting is forever.
SevFalcon
Laborer

Post by SevFalcon »

^^Yes, I'm hoping that the quality has/will be improved.

I had to return my first Dragon set because one of the weapons was bent (like, folded in half bent). My first Lion set I had to return because one of the figures was missing a sword and a shield (had a second set to compare it to).
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by J_MAN »

The Dragon Knight Battle Pack is not even listed on Lego.com anymore. :(