Hello from a Scottish newbie.

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Lady Val wrote: LOL.....most excellent. 8) The kilts must have taken a looottttt of time! It`s nice to see customs that are one step beyond swapping parts, and especially for a theme so close to home. :D
And I like the Lion Rampant as well. I`m not good at stickers but Hubby is....would you mind if I perhaps "borrowed" (read steal here) the design someday? Though strictly speaking I should perhaps be asking Queenie..... :wink:
Eventually with some help I may post a template for the kilt. What it is, a blank outline of the kilt, and then i posted that over the patterns I "borrowed" (read stole here too) from the Scottish Tartan Registry.

And the flory counter-flory tressure was all hand done (boo yah)... the lion is part of my heraldic clipart.

"borrow" away!
Lady Val
Villein

Post by Lady Val »

LEGOFREAK wrote: "borrow" away!
Many thanks.... :wink:
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

LEGOFREAK wrote:
Lady Val wrote: LOL.....most excellent. 8) The kilts must have taken a looottttt of time! It`s nice to see customs that are one step beyond swapping parts, and especially for a theme so close to home. :D
And I like the Lion Rampant as well. I`m not good at stickers but Hubby is....would you mind if I perhaps "borrowed" (read steal here) the design someday? Though strictly speaking I should perhaps be asking Queenie..... :wink:
Eventually with some help I may post a template for the kilt. What it is, a blank outline of the kilt, and then i posted that over the patterns I "borrowed" (read stole here too) from the Scottish Tartan Registry.

And the flory counter-flory tressure was all hand done (boo yah)... the lion is part of my heraldic clipart.

"borrow" away!
What, so inspiration isn't good enough to be mentioned anymore?

--Caleb

P.S. Sorry, I doubt anyone other than Freak and I (okay, maybe just me) got that. When he first posted the kilts, he had a very small and ungrateful (:wink: :lol:) note of part of inspiration for it being my (at the time) recent templates for cloaks. Check like page 3 of Castle Customs (maybe page two) for more details!
Philosophies of my life:

"A PC turned off is better than a PC turned on"

"It's not about who wins...it's about who gets to gloat after they win."
Lady Val
Villein

Post by Lady Val »

Sir Smittens wrote: What, so inspiration isn't good enough to be mentioned anymore?

--Caleb

P.S. Sorry, I doubt anyone other than Freak and I (okay, maybe just me) got that. When he first posted the kilts, he had a very small and ungrateful (:wink: :lol:) note of part of inspiration for it being my (at the time) recent templates for cloaks. Check like page 3 of Castle Customs (maybe page two) for more details!
Well, you know, I can walk out of my house and be sure to see at least one man walking around in a kilt most days. Go up the big town (Edinburgh) and it`s a common thing. Kilts just ain`t inspirational things around here. Draughty, perhaps......

But I was impressed by the painstaking method. You can`t post attachments on this board, can you? Just URLs? I could have shown you a pix of a kilt I made for a Playmobil figure (my other toy collecting hobby), but the image isn`t on a website, just my own PC. I used tartan ribbon. Too big scale for minifigs though.
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

Hi and welcome Lady Val! :D

If you need a place on the web to put your lego images, try:

http://www.brickshelf.com

It is an image hosting website. Basically, you sign up so you could put your images online. Then you could put any of your pictures online and just give use the links. I tried Brickshelf and it is very useful.

-The Josh

:shock: Here's my Brckshelf folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=86854
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Hey, Welcome!

This might seem a weird question to you....but I'm a weird kinnda guy...

Is it true guys where nothing under their kilts?

That's been plaguing my mind for awhile. Welcome, anywoo!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Barbapple wrote:Hey, Welcome!

Brian, Brian, Brian.

This is NOT the question that you ask a lady!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Why Not?

A Scottish lady should be just the person to ask about what is worn under a kilt. Do you know many men you'd want to be askin'? :lol:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Lady Val
Villein

Post by Lady Val »

Formendacil wrote:
Barbapple wrote:Hey, Welcome!

Brian, Brian, Brian.

This is NOT the question that you ask a lady!
I asked my Hubby for you ...he`s got a kilt.,I`ve known him for 25 years and been married to him for fifteen... :wink:

Answer is no... you don`t wear anything under a kilt. If someone is, chances are that the guy is English or even more foreign, and getting dressed up for a Scottish wedding or similar. There is a strong tradition here of the perpetrator being taken out the back and the offending garment being forcibly removed at this point by his friends. (Male friends.)

Actually the traditional answer when someone asks a man "Is anything worn under the kilt?" is to say "No, it`s all in perfect working order." :lol:
Lady Val
Villein

Post by Lady Val »

Oh, and thanks, The Josh, for the idea of a Brickshelf Gallery. It hadn`t occurred to me. But wouldn`t I be drummed out of the Lego Community if I put pix of Playmobil on a Lego website? :shock:
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

Lady Val wrote:But wouldn`t I be drummed out of the Lego Community if I put pix of Playmobil on a Lego website?
I don't think everyone would like it if you used things like Playmobil, Megablocks (I hate to I write that word), and other non-Lego building toys.

However, I think everyone here would love too see your creations (especially if they are castle related :) ). Some people do have pictures on Brickshelf with non-Lego building toys in them.

-The Josh
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hi Lady Val,

Check out http://www.maj.com/ this is a sister site to Brickshelf and I am sure playmobile pics would be more appropriate there. Occasionally Brickshelf admins won't clear pictures of non-Lego other times they do. Go figure. :roll:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

I just wanted to say that useing other forms of lego around here is considered heresy,by most, Howerver some of us do use it ,but we keep quite and tell hardly anybody So be on your gaurd and say no words such asMegabloks

Dave
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Sir Smittens wrote: What, so inspiration isn't good enough to be mentioned anymore?
--Caleb
WHADDAYA MEAN UNGRATEFUL? I am not ungrateful. Of course it did slip my mind just now, but with such a little place, you can understand that there is no room for lots of extra stuff just lying about tripping me up...

what was i talking about?

Lego is fun. :D

(btw - here is that post that Smitty was talking about: Nac Mac Feegle)
fcarcanague
Laborer

Post by fcarcanague »

Don't forget here http://www.hccamsterdam.nl/brick/ for current instruction scans.

Fred
Please visit updates once in a while
http://www.carcanague.com/
Need more Spare Parts [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Carcanague]Spare Bricks 4 You[/url]