Carts for new Castle!

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

How about for a $20+ Knight's Prisoner Cart set that is pulled by two Oxen, includes a mounted knight on a brown/tan horse, a guard knight, a captured small troll, and a pair of angry peasants (man & woman) with torches and pitchforks? That's four 1/2 minifigures, two new animals and a horse along with an assortment of bricks and minifigure accessories.

I'd be soooooo excited. :idea:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
DerBum
Laborer

Post by DerBum »

Again, the whole point of my request was a smaller set that would have a story of its own, without being a bigger investment. A $20 set might end up as a birthday gift or something whereas a $10 set might be something picked up for doing chores or being well behaived. I am thinking of my kid here, I would really like there to be a better selection at the store of $10 and less sets.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

DerBum wrote:Again, the whole point of my request was a smaller set that would have a story of its own, without being a bigger investment. A $20 set might end up as a birthday gift or something whereas a $10 set might be something picked up for doing chores or being well behaived. I am thinking of my kid here, I would really like there to be a better selection at the store of $10 and less sets.
Well, in that case, then you could have an ox driven cart carrying a goblin prisoner, an armed guard to drive the cart, and a peasant with a pitchfork and basket of tomatoes. For $10 you'd have 1 large animal, 3 minifigures, various accessories, a few bricks/plates and about four small to medium sized wheels. It'd be sized between the Knight's Catapult and the Final Joust of 2007.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Kind of bored with carts. The fantasy era sets sure do have a lot of wheels! I'd rather have more structures with an occasional cart set.

But if there was to be a cart set, I'd have a peasant/villager with an oxen drawn cart full of trade items/supplies guarded by another armed peasant. This set would give us a cool peasant, an oxen and lots of accessories.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

It would be nice to have a smaller set like that; Supply Ambush has a nice ring to it. It would be cool to have a merchant or peasant driving the horses with a cart with one or two Crown soldiers for defense. Then one or two Orcs attacking from behind some trees would complete the set. Thats how I'd like to see this set.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
DerBum
Laborer

Re: Carts for new Castle!

Post by DerBum »

I know I am re-digging up an old thread, but I thought I would thank TLC for answering my request with something pretty close to what I asked for:
Prison Carraige Recue http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.as ... n=640&d=70. Although I doubt that I was the primary driving force behind this newer set, I do appreciate that TLC is bringing out sets that have the playability of sets I own and played with as a child. My children are very lucky indeed to have these new sets coming out at just the right time for their age.
Legoorci
Apprentice

Post by Legoorci »

But we've already have a good cart for 10 Euros with 3 minifig...so I'd say what we are discussing now is that Lego should bring out peasants or goblins.
You can see my MoCs on [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoorci/]my Flickr Account[/url] and you can see them also on [url=http://legoorci.wordpress.com/]my Blog[/url] where you also can read the stories behind the MoCs...but in german.
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

my friends

if lego did a vote. My would be for peasants sets. it was during the 80's and 90's and overlooked "faction".

bring the boys back home or the boys are back in town LOL

Thoriun
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun