Bring back the polybag! Please.

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Re: Bring back the polybag! Please.

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I agree. TLC keeps making the boxes bigger and bigger. Everytime I get a big castle I wonder how much more money, space, materials and fuel they waste by increasing the box size....

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

If I am not mistaken, there are a few polybags out right now.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Bluesecrets wrote:If I am not mistaken, there are a few polybags out right now.
True about the seasonal promos, but I liked it when I could walk around the toy aisles and see a peg full of all sorts of polybag sets.
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:I agree. TLC keeps making the boxes bigger and bigger. Everytime I get a big castle I wonder how much more money, space, materials and fuel they waste by increasing the box size....

Heir
Or how many sales are generated by the box size:
LEGO has a lot of competition in the construction toy market nowadays, and if for example Mega Bloks has a big box in the shelves for $20, whereas LEGO has a box only half the size, also for $20, which box is an uneducated parent going to pick? Or which box is an enthousiastic boy going to want?
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

I have nothing against the polybag it's just that the major retailers usually choose not to sell them, I'm lucky to even find the impulse sets.
Green Knight
Serf

Post by Green Knight »

I really enjoyed buying polybag sets. I think why TLG isn't making anymore polybags because some consumers may not see the value in a small plastic bag but reach for the large box. They have the same amount of pieces, but the box seems bigger.(but more expensive) Really, I thought that the polybags where fun. :tasty:
My sword cries for your blood.
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

There are at least 2 polybags out at the moment. One is a Racer theme and the other is an Atlantis theme one. Neither one has a minifig, I picked up the Atlantis one #30040 , 42 pieces that make a squid or octopus like creature in black. I found it @ Target near the checklanes....
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

JoshWedin wrote:As for me, I couldn't care less what the sets come in. I just want small sets.

Josh
I agree. I remember the KK1 Defense Archer (polybag version) that I would find at Wal-Mart and buy up. It wasn't until later that I saw it came in a box as well. I was just happy to have such a nice army builder.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
DerBum
Laborer

Post by DerBum »

Some of the sets my daughter gets from Brickmaster are quite large and they all come in polybags. I admit that I remember the end cap displays with numerous polybag sets hanging off pegs, what a great thing to find with a pocket full of allowance and chore money! There really arent enough low cost sets available, I would love to see them in either polybag or boxes, but one way or another the smaller sets do allow children to get more Lego for their buck. As a parent I know that I am more likely to ok the extra occasional purchase of a $3~$6 set than a $10~$15 set. Sets above the impulse price range become birthday gifts or some other special occasion, an impulse priced set can be something you just grab with the groceries for something new to build on a Saturday. The major issue is that most places do not carry the impulse sets and many do not carry the smaller $5~$7 dollar sets. Target normally has the impulse sets around holidays and that is about the extent in my area except for the overpriced sets at Toys R Us. Maybe TLC needs to get with retailers and explain the benefits of putting impulse sets up for sale, near the check out, or on end caps!