Interpretation of Lion/Dragon Knights?

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Storm
Villein

Interpretation of Lion/Dragon Knights?

Post by Storm »

I'm just curious what other people think the new Kingdoms factions are.
Personally, I think the Lion Knights are a monarchy with a sizeable amount of land; they base their economy on farming. They are dedicated to closing the doorways to the demonic world
The Dragon Knights are ruled by a powerful half-dragon wizard. They have barely any land but have a strong economy based on manufacturing magic weapons. They are dedicated to protecting the dragons living near the Dragon Knight's capitol.
I'm Storm, and you've just read my post.
A kind word and a gun will get you farther than a kind word alone -Al Capone
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Re: Interpretation of Lion/Dragon Knights?

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

That sounds good to me. I only imagined the wizard as trying to conjure dragons out of dreamtime in order to take over the kingdom.

In my little Middle Earth, the new Green Wizard is the Dean of the University of Wizards and Fools. His enemy, the Grey Wizard is always trying to kill him to become Dean of the university. Toward this end, the Grey Wizard has conjured people from other times to help him in his struggle -- hence my faction of time-travellers and adventureres (R2D2, meet Tobor the Robot). The Grey Wizard also conjured a platoon of Amazon warriors out of their element (Thank you, Brickforge), but they ran off, and are merely trying to find their way home. The Amazons spend most of their time fending off another "faction" of bandits, mercenaries and postal carriers. In the middle of all this are the villagers, whose economy is based on the export of locally made red wine. My King and Queen (from Knights' Tournament 6083) just wish everyone would all get along, and are never to be seen without a drink in hand. Their army of knights, and any errant knights who come to the land are held responsible for keeping the peace.

I laid all my figures out on a table the other day to see what I had and this was the story that came up to explain them all.
King of the West
emoticon patrol

Post by King of the West »

My Lion knights are part of a province in the Western Empire, while my Dragon knights are part of the Eastern Empire. The empires have been at war several times in the past few hundred years, but are in the present in a cold war instead of open conflict.
I am the Ruler of The Western Lands. All shall bow before me!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

A few years back I decided to separate the KKI and previous factions and KKII to present factions into two different geographical areas. For now, the two differing factional groups do not interact. To me, the differing look and feel of the two makes it hard to explain why they are like that.

So, the Lion faction is one of the main kingdoms in this new area, along with the Crown knights, Dwarves, Orcs, Skeletons, and other factions using KKII era shield and color schemes (yellow and black dragon knights, for ex). The Lions are a large kingdom, or a small empire. They have a King/Queen, several Dukes with usually three Barons each under them. This is how the Crown empire is set up as well. Both are "good" factions. The Dragon faction is ruled by a lich (very old undead wizard) and half-demon (cambion) knight. The dragons tried to occupy Lion territory during a power struggle inside the Lion government but the Dragons were not strong enough to hold onto it when the power struggle was over. While the Dragons are a strong faction buy themselves, they are not stronger than the Lions.

In times past, the area that is now the Dragon's was ruled by the KKII yellow dragons. The yellow dragons had a vast empire, not unlike the Romans did in Europe. As that empire wained, the merchant son forsaw this and started to plan ahead. He gained power and experience by adventuring as a Wizard. He stumbled on an ancient dragon, at the end of its long life span. He then learned high level magic from the dragon and used the symbol of the dragon to name his faction. Dragon society is more rough than Lions, the Lions caring more for their people. Small battles occur along the border now and then.

These two factions are still under development, as I am still finalizing past histories with the present state of affairs. Now there is the task of setting up of how the Dragons will interact with the other "evil" factions such as the Skeletons and Orc factions.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

In my kingdom the Dragons are like a special force of the Lion Knights, like the elite of the Kingdom. :D the Lion King is the cousin of the Crown King, and both the Lions and Dragons help the Crown Knights and Dwarves fight the Skeletons and Orcs. :sly:
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]
Rick-Ricks
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by Rick-Ricks »

Since my interpretation depends on what I need in my current MOC it tends to vary.
Lion Knights have been the following: Crusaders, Lego Company’s Version and a single knight among other things.
The Dragon Knight, on the other hand, aren’t used as much, but have been used as: an opposition for many factions, nobles, thieves, and a single knight.
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

I have changed my lion knights from light grey and red to dark grey and maroon as well as changed all their faces becuase they looked like fire-fighters to me. They are both developing kingdoms that were originally provinces of a larger kingdom but rebbeled for different reasons. They fought together to win their independence and know they are fueding over land. It was at first polite politicle arguments but as tensions rose, the Dragon knights declared war. The lion knights have a king but the dragon knights run on a system of respect. After the war they will appoint a ruler from popular vote and be one of the first kingdoms to have some form of government. The lions are destined to be destroyed.