Accessories, minifigures, and bulk packs

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Accessories, minifigures, and bulk packs

Post by architect »

Hi everyone at Classic-Castle. Please post your thoughts on these topics: accessories, minifigures, and bulk packs

Be aware that the LEGO Company does not accept product ideas from outside the company.

But post your feedback on current products and things that you would like to see in the future.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

My Thoughts:

First of all, thank you very much for the 10066 Castle Accessories. I appreciate this bulk pack very much. Overall it has a good piece selection and a few hard to find pieces like the cowl and knight visor. Breastplate armor would have been nice to have though. I also question the inclusion of ninja pieces since that theme is no longer in production.

I greatly appreciate the Legend sets and Star Wars sets for the wide variety of minifigures available for castles. I think that minifigure key chains of a falcon or lion knight would be very popular. Minifigure packs would be very successful as well. I believe that we would spend $8 to $10 on a pack with six or seven figures.

I like many of the existing bulk packs. Thank you for making pieces such as the 3 x 3 low slope roof corner. I would like additional colors of slopes, such as yellow, tan, and light gray. The current window/door packs are very useful as well. Packs that would be popular include: castle window/door pack, a foliage pack, and an accessory pack with more armor.

Overall, I am very pleased with the LEGO Shop at Home selection. Thanks.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

just a quick note, there IS a Falcon Keychain
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Do you mean a new falcon keychain - or the old type, which I have, that had a plastic bead chain?

Ok, I see your picture - but it is not available now.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

I thought I saw one at the LEGO outlet, but I can't find a pic of it....
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Any rerelease of the old minifig packs would be a top priority for me, I have the funds to bricklink and ebay my way to larger armies, but I really prefer new figs. Rather than spend my money on overpriced, usually lower quality figs, I have been holding out for Lego to pick up the ball and run with it.
The 10 BFF's I purchased are a testament to my desire for new figs.

The existing castle accessory pack was a great addition to the castle catalog, but A rerelease of the old accessory packs would likely please collectors a little more. Any pack that would include either styles of armor, Ninja or Euro would be huge sellers. Here is hoping LD continues improving the bulk brick and accessory lines.
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
dookie
Serf

Post by dookie »

Ah yes, the falcon keychain, I'd like to see Lego re-release that, with or without the new keychain.

Besides the minifigure packs everyone has been talking about, how about a new line of Mini-Heroes Collections featuring the classic factions of Castle, and on the card, maybe a little Lego official history/story/inspiration about the factions.
I like Cup Ramen! What I like even more is the Ramen from the Ichiraku that Iruka Sensei bought me. What I dislike is waiting the three minutes for the Cup Ramen to cook. My hobby is eating lots of Cup Ramen!
- Uzumaki Naruto (Naruto ep. 4)
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

the hero idea would be cool, we would finally know if the falcons are bad or not ;)
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
we would finally know if the falcons are bad or not
Of course they are! That's the good thing about them.

But as I hate the "officially" good or bad labelled characters in the Knights' Kingdom line I wouldn't like those innocent classic knights to be labelled as well.

On the other hand... I always wondered why the heck carry these Black Knights a Black Falcon shield?

Black Knights =/= Black Falcons. Dragons =/= Falcons. They are hostile to each other. Falcons besiege Dragons:

Maybe they ain't foes for all times but they definitely ain't ONE faction. Never. I argue that. Wholeheartedly.
But this one Black Falcon shield drives me nuts.

I want an answer.

Tschüß
Jojo

David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Black Falcon are not bad, nor the Black Dragon. The Lion Crest are not good. They are only not the same faction and from time to time they enter in war against each other or the make alliance between us.

My opinion is that in 6018 this is not a black dragon with a black falcon shield.

I think it is black falcons with chainmails armor. Black falcon don't wear chainmail usually, but it seem that is the case here.

However the boat seem to be a black dragon.

I think this set was not very well finished. That's not logic. Maybe Lego has made an error and it was suppose to be a black dragon shield. It will be more logic.

But was it an error ? Maybe it was what Lego want, just to put confusion, just to made us imagine a scenario that explain that. :?
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
I think it is black falcons with chainmails armor. Black falcon don't wear chainmail usually, but it seem that is the case here.
However the boat seem to be a black dragon.
Indeed. The colour scheme and armour of the minifigs is without a doubt Black Dragon. Also the boat is Black Dragon.
But was it an error ? Maybe it was what Lego want, just to put confusion, just to made us imagine a scenario that explain that.
Good thought! Maybe the Falcon shield is a booty? Perhaps it's a merchant boat and this shield is just a ware? Or these knights are possibly spys of the Falcons who masqueraded as Black Knights? Or Black Knights who want to be kept for Falcons.
Also in the picture it seems as if the blue man keeps the red one in check with his crossbow. It might be that the red man is a captured Black Knight and the blue guy is a Black Falcon who is wearing trousers that his drill sergeant never would accept...

Bye
Jojo

David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Hello,

There is so much possible theories. The description of the set doesn't help more:

Battle Dragon
Ship of the Dragon
Drakkar

The boat seem to be a Black Knight (or Black Dragon), but on the 1990 catalog in Netherland they distinguish this sets of the Black Dragon Sets.
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/cat ... nl-18.html

It's at your own imagination... :wink:
Stephen
Laborer

Post by Stephen »

Jojo wrote:
Good thought! Maybe the Falcon shield is a booty? Perhaps it's a merchant boat and this shield is just a ware? Or these knights are possibly spys of the Falcons who masqueraded as Black Knights? Or Black Knights who want to be kept for Falcons.
It's probably just a couple of guys who are trying to impress their girlfriends by pretending to be Falcon knights.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

As interesting as the black falcon or black knight debate is, this is off topic.

You can all start new discussions. Please feel free to do so.
Thanks. :D

Ben E.

Sets Admin
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

I think a City People pack the (30 plus) like set but
for Castle would be very nice. I doubt LEGO would pick it
up since they said that has to be first initiated by
LEGO Educational Division first.

I don't think LEGO ED is going in that direction.
Though a LEGO ballista kit compatible with the
Mindstorm platform would be nice for students to
learn about.

A new LEGO Educational line about Castles would
also be cool......hey where's KK Quah when you need him...
(grin, duck, and run).... :lol:

just my 2 cents...

Ben M

:wink: