Castle Diary: The Journal of Tobias Burgess

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
Baron Greenbriar
Villein

Castle Diary: The Journal of Tobias Burgess

Post by Baron Greenbriar »

Hi everyone :wave: I'm new but on the topic of Medieval Life I've got something to share. I just read this wonderful book called Castle Diary: The Journal of Tobias Burgess by Richard Platt and illustrated by one of my all time favorite illustrators Chris Riddell. It has a lot to say on this topic and chronicles the journey of a young castle page Toby and his life in the medieval world. Just curious if anyone has heard of or read it? If so I know you'll agree with me and If not you might want to check it out.

Here's a link for further reference:

http://childrensbooks.about.com/cs/prod ... ediary.htm

Even though its listed as a children's book theres a lot anyone can glean from it and the writing is definitely WAY above a preschool level if thats what your thinking. It really is more of a book for Young adults as that is the protagonist of the story anyway.
Baron Greenbriar
Villein

Re: Castle Diary: The Journal of Tobias Burgess

I realize this may seem like it should go in the story forum but if you look at this book it really has a lot to teach you about medieval life and the characteristics of the time and that is why I believe it belongs here.
SPACE MARINE
Apprentice

Post by SPACE MARINE »

Cool, but there's a thing called the edit button, use it. Admins and Mods do not like double posting.
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good- Rom. 12:21

Little Bricks, BIG dreams
Baron Greenbriar
Villein

SPACE MARINE wrote:Cool, but there's a thing called the edit button, use it. Admins and Mods do not like double posting.
Thanks! Too bad there isn't a good delete button. :(