Emerald dragon cave

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Emerald dragon cave

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Dear Lego;

Please produce the "Emerald Dragon Cave" mentioned in the series three elf bio, as the next UCS castle set.
Domino Gloria!
BlackenedPurple
Peasant

Re: Emerald dragon cave

Post by BlackenedPurple »

Here is the full minifig bio:

"“Trespass not in the secret glades of the Elves!”

Hailing from deep within the mystical forests of the Elflands, north of the great Western Kingdom, the Elf is a skilled master of the longbow and a wilderness scout without equal. He can walk over dried leaves and brittle twigs without ever making a sound, leap effortlessly through the tall treetops, and track a troll raiding party for days with no rest.

You may have heard that the Elves are a mysterious and secretive people, but in fact they’ll be happy to tell you all about their musical artistry with the harp and panpipes, their sworn friendship to the beasts of the woods, and their quest to rescue the enchanted Golden Goblet from the cavern of the Emerald Dragon. And then they’ll break out the epic poetry!"

With the reference of "Elflands, north of the great Western Kingdom" and the mention of trolls, I think we officially have the very Elves alluded to in that infamous picture from years back. Nice to see the Fantasy Era still hanging around.

Also, a LEGO harp sounds cool.

As to the UCS suggestion, I think a (not-so) plain ol' castle would be a better UCS opportunity for Castle fans, as well as an amazing bley parts pack. We already have several very detailed Creator dragons and a cave is little more than a cave after all is said and done. Not to mention that UCS sets don't typically include minifigs....

Overall, I do support more historical UCS sets, such as a Parthenon or a Colosseum.
Childhood: The flame that burns its brightest when we are least cognisant of it.
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

A small elf stronghold whoul be a great addition to any castle collection. If LEGO made it, i would be great, why not an Elf sub-theme on the line of a florestmen ideas wood and stone buildings.

Just an idea, but it could be picked up, lol.

Thoriun
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

davidant32 wrote:Here is the full minifig bio:

"“Trespass not in the secret glades of the Elves!”

Hailing from deep within the mystical forests of the Elflands, north of the great Western Kingdom, the Elf is a skilled master of the longbow and a wilderness scout without equal. He can walk over dried leaves and brittle twigs without ever making a sound, leap effortlessly through the tall treetops, and track a troll raiding party for days with no rest.

With the reference of "Elflands, north of the great Western Kingdom" and the mention of trolls, I think we officially have the very Elves alluded to in that infamous picture from years back. Nice to see the Fantasy Era still hanging around.

Also, a LEGO harp sounds cool.
It strikes me a bit funny that I reserved an area north of "the great Western Kingdom", for elves. Both the Crown and Lion Empires are considered "great Western Kingdoms" on the continent that they are on. I designed the continent before knowing any possibility of elves. It would be nice if LEGO came through on the elves. Harps would be cool too.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by J_MAN »

Thoriun wrote:A small elf stronghold whoul be a great addition to any castle collection. If LEGO made it, i would be great, why not an Elf sub-theme on the line of a florestmen ideas wood and stone buildings.

Just an idea, but it could be picked up, lol.

Thoriun
That is a great idea! It would be really cool if Lego made a Elf sub-theme. I second the motion. :)
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

davidant32 wrote:
...I think we officially have the very Elves alluded to in that infamous picture from years back.
I don't think I was tuned into this at the time. What is this "infamous picture"?
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Frank_Lloyd_Knight wrote:
davidant32 wrote:
...I think we officially have the very Elves alluded to in that infamous picture from years back.
I don't think I was tuned into this at the time. What is this "infamous picture"?
http://danbrokamp.com/chicagobrickartist/?tag=lego-elf
BlackenedPurple
Peasant

Post by BlackenedPurple »

Correct. In an issue of The LEGO Magazine a few years back, there was a 2 page spread of the Castle map. The area ruled by the Crownies was labeled as The Western Kingdom, and several other areas of the map had descriptions corresponding to recent/upcoming factions (Trolls, Dwarves, even Vikings perhaps, as some interpreted the map). As you can see, north of The Western Kingdom (Crownies) seemed to be the only clue during the Fantasy Era as to the possibility of Elves. That one image became the subject of much speculation and rumor, despite numerous explanations and denials by TLG.

Childhood: The flame that burns its brightest when we are least cognisant of it.
SPACE MARINE
Apprentice

Post by SPACE MARINE »

Maybe an Elven tree keep, but please no cave. It might be too much like Majesto's dragon pen if not UCS, and if UCS, unless they're dwarven cities, a cave is, well just a.... cave. If we're going to go with elves, how about a tree keep, or boat. I personally would prefer a tournament with several unique knights each with two squires, a royal couple, and a herald with a grandstand for spectators. Although, a UCS dragon cave could be cool if it included a good amount of euro armor in the hoard and a DRAGON! (that was a yell of excitement, just to be clear)
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good- Rom. 12:21

Little Bricks, BIG dreams
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I would love for some elves as well.... but I am not holding my breath for an official line.

Sad really. It really would be awesome.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

We've heard rumours that what we're finding in the collectifig series' is TLG's way of pleasing fans without having to ever do a theme based on the characters. I say "bah!" the collectifigs are a wonderful testing ground; if you love your elves, make sure TLG knows just how much.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Ye Olde Republic wrote:We've heard rumours that what we're finding in the collectifig series' is TLG's way of pleasing fans without having to ever do a theme based on the characters. I say "bah!" the collectifigs are a wonderful testing ground; if you love your elves, make sure TLG knows just how much.
All LEGO has to do is look at the sales on Bricklink, especially right before Christmas. The individual prices for a complete Elf should be enough to motivate them.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

You can't expect them to go looking for information they may not even know exists. Just like when we are unhappy with something they do, ie. damaged/missing pieces or instruction/stickers mangled in the box, we call them and voice our displeasure so do it and give them some positive re-enforcement too.
Trevor

Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

Ye Olde Republic wrote:You can't expect them to go looking for information they may not even know exists. Just like when we are unhappy with something they do, ie. damaged/missing pieces or instruction/stickers mangled in the box, we call them and voice our displeasure so do it and give them some positive re-enforcement too.
I suppose I've always assumed that the Lego Ambassadors would be the conduit of information to TLC from AFOLs. I'm sure they would be telling TLC about secondary market demand -- whether TLC listens to/acts on that information is up to the company.
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Sure, that's kind of the point of the LA program but still the only person any one of us can 100% count on is ourselves.
Trevor