Zellers has been Targeted!

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Zellers has been Targeted!

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

Good news for Canadians who like to be able to buy LEGO. Target has finally purchased Zellers which means that Canadians will be able to buy the Target exclusive LEGO sets previously unavailable in brick and mortar stores.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada ... 51709.html
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Handar
Archer

Re: Zellers has been Targeted!

Post by Handar »

I saw this story on CBC this morning, and immediately thought the same thing. More option for Lego buying in Canada is always a good thing. :) Well, at the very least it's a good thing for Canadians.

The only slightly sad part is it looks like it's going to take a couple of years to roll everything out, but I suppose patience is a virtue.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Well, now this is interesting. Guess there will be no mroe Zellers then.

Oh well, more Lego!

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Blaze Ryder
Peasant

Post by Blaze Ryder »

I can't say I'm overly thrilled about HBC selling part of its Canadian-heritage'd self away although the added availability of things from Target nearly outweighs that and I've never been a big shopper at Zellers so I guess I'll live. I also seem to recall that Target had made a previous attempt to buy the whole of HBC, or am I just imagining things?
Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

Blaze Ryder wrote:I can't say I'm overly thrilled about HBC selling part of its Canadian-heritage'd self away although the added availability of things from Target nearly outweighs that and I've never been a big shopper at Zellers so I guess I'll live. I also seem to recall that Target had made a previous attempt to buy the whole of HBC, or am I just imagining things?
HBC is already owned by a US investor, so, personally, it doesn't bother me that it's selling off Zellers to another American company. Having been in a number of Zellers stores and a number of Target stores, I have to say that I prefer the Target stores by a wide margin. And, what's really nice, Target has always had a far superior selection of Lego in their stores. I hope this trend will be continued in their Canadian version.