Bitter disappointment, LEGO style...

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Funnyham
Laborer

Bitter disappointment, LEGO style...

Post by Funnyham »

I have anticipated the new Harry Potter Lego game for nigh on two years. To avoid disappointment, I checked and double-checked Wikipedia, and yes, it definitely said (and still says, at the time of this writing) that it would be released for PS2. Hours of scouring the internet desperately later, and it transpires that it isn't. Dreams shattered...
A MOC a day keeps the doctor away.
Forestboy
Steward

Re: Bitter disappointment, LEGO style...

Post by Forestboy »

Funnyham wrote:I have anticipated the new Harry Potter Lego game for nigh on two years. To avoid disappointment, I checked and double-checked Wikipedia, and yes, it definitely said (and still says, at the time of this writing) that it would be released for PS2. Hours of scouring the internet desperately later, and it transpires that it isn't. Dreams shattered...
Yeah, I'm disappointed that it's not for PS2 too. I was really looking forward to playing the game. Although, I'm afraid the PS2 itself is and has been fading away. This year, I believe there have only been two new PS2 games so far. Time to adopt a new system. :wink:

~FB~
[url=http://mosaicbricks.blogspot.com/]MosaicBricks[/url]-[url=http://mocpages.com/home.php/12945]Mocpages[/url]-[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kcrmccoy/]Flickr[/url]-[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=kcrmccoy/]Brickshelf[/url]-
---
[url=http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/article ... rands.html]Want your wizards to shoot out huge shots of fire? Learn the Fire Strand technique! (Click the link)[/url]
Funnyham
Laborer

Post by Funnyham »

Definitely. Now where did I put my spare £300 :P ...
A MOC a day keeps the doctor away.
Blaze Ryder
Peasant

Post by Blaze Ryder »

Funnyham wrote:Definitely. Now where did I put my spare £300 :P ...
The new Xbox 360 is really nice. If you're looking for a console, I suggest that.
Memsochet
Laborer

Post by Memsochet »

I'd actually go with the PS3 or Wii.

The PS3 has more than just gaming potential. It can serve as your multimedia center. With the proper software running from a computer, you can get it to play just about anything you can find(I've only had issues with multi-audio MKV files) without having to copy it over or pay for it(including Hulu & YouTube). Add a Netflix account, and you can 'rent' just about any movie or TV show you want.

The Wii is nice as it is party & kid friendly. The PS3 & XBox are catching up, but the Wii is already established and has a lot of fun games to play with multiple people, none of which have to be over the age of 5 to play well & enjoy.
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by J_MAN »

I have a PS3 and a Xbox 360 elite. I would defiantly recommend getting the PS3 for more than one reason.
1. - The PS3 has better graphics.
2. - The PS3 is more reliable. (I've never actually had a problem with my 360 but just in case)
3. - The PS3 has Blu-ray (I think thats how you spell it. :))
4. - The PS3 has free online!
5. - The PS3 has Uncharted and Uncharted 2. (yeah the 360 has Halo but Uncharted is better)
This is just my two cents.
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

You know taht's the problem with gaming systems. You spend like, a year saving up for one and when you finnaly get it it turns out they already came out with a newer version and products for the one you were saving for are discontinued so you need to start all over again.
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

friskywhiskers wrote:You spend like, a year saving up for one and when you finnaly get it it turns out they already came out with a newer version and products for the one you were saving for are discontinued
Then you haven't been paying attention. There are six years between each of the three Playstation machines, and games were/are available much longer than that.
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

wobnam wrote:
friskywhiskers wrote:You spend like, a year saving up for one and when you finnaly get it it turns out they already came out with a newer version and products for the one you were saving for are discontinued
Then you haven't been paying attention. There are six years between each of the three Playstation machines, and games were/are available much longer than that.

Yeah I know I was just exxaderating. It just sometomes seems that you can never keep up with the latest stuff between all of the gaming systems. portable included. (seems)
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

I felt that way when they never released COD 3 for PC...