Hello all. I will once again be coordinating the Castle display near Brickworld
Here is some basic information about the Brickworld event:
• Website: http://www.brickworld.us/chicago
• Date: Wednesday, June 15 - Sunday, June 19
• Location: Westin Hotel in Wheeling, Illinois (same as previous years)
• Registration cost: $60
• MOC table size: Each full table is 30"X72". This year when you register your MOC's, there's a handy dandy pop-up window that shows you the different table configurations to choose from.
• On May 1, 2011 MOC REGISTRATION CLOSES, which means that it's the last day to get table space.
• Hotel room costs: $122 per night (That's half of their going rate. Please be aware that you have to sign up through Brickworld
by June 10 to get the special discounted rate.) Last year we had record numbers at the event, so don't delay if you plan on staying at the Westin.
• Registration will close on May 18, 2011. There will be NO on-site registrations.And now for something completely different...
Last year, we had a few builders bring some great MOC's that were from the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail
. (Attacking French castle
, Trojan Rabbit) As is often the case with LEGO, creations from one builder inspire creations from others, and there were some people talking about how they'd like to build such-&-such scene from the movie. Armothe from Brickforge said it would be cool if a bunch of people made different scenes from Monty Python the the Holy Grail and lined them up in chronological order. Yes... yes, that would
be cool, wouldn't it? Here's the plan
• Rule #1 - DO NOT post this building challenge to other websites...yet. I'm giving you people here on Classic Castle the first shots at calling dibs. Once everyone here has had sufficient time to respond, I'll post this info to other sites.
• There are 36 scenes in the movie to build. If you know for sure
that you're coming to Brickworld 2011, then you may call dibs, by posting a reply in this thread, on ONE
scene to build. If you call a scene, and then for whatever reason you find out that you're not going to be able to come to Brickworld or not going to build the scene, you'll need to post ASAP that you're relinquishing your claim on building that particular scene so that someone else may claim it. The people who made the Holy Grail scenes last year, get first grabs on the scenes that they already made, assuming that they're coming to Brickworld again this summer.
• There is no size restriction on the scene. It can be a vignette; it can be colossal. One green BP will probably do for most scenes.
• 36 is quite a large number of scenes for a building challenge. It is not necessary for us to build all 36. Even just half of that would make a great display. If we get just a few people signing up for building scenes, I will allow each person to call dibs on 2 scenes and so on.
• We will have designated area for lining up the Holy Grail scenes in the order in which they appear in the film. Hopefully someone has a portable DVD player that they would be willing to place at one end and let it play the real movie during public hours (but not very loud so that it doesn't become a nuisance to those who are close to it all day long).
• Here are the 36 scenes:
1. Arthur talking to guys about swallows and coconuts
2. Bring out your dead - Brickule
3. Arthur talking to Dennis and filth searcher
4. The Black Knight - fighting the Green Knight
5. The Black Knight - fighting Arthur - David Gregory
6. Forehead-smacking monks
7. Witch trial
8. Arriving at Camelot
9. Knights of the Round Table
10. Vision from the Lord
11. French taunting
12. Trojan Rabbit - Brickule
13. Famous historian gets killed
14. Sir Robin meets 3-headed knight
15. Sir Galahad at Castle Anthrax
16. Knights of Ni
17. Police investigate dead historian
18. Bloody weather
19. Swamp king talking to son and guards
20. Sir Lancelot attacks wedding
21. Arthur acquiring shrubbery
22. Presenting shrubbery to Knights Who Until Recently Said Ni
23. Police taking body of dead historian
24. Eating Robin's minstrels in the frozen land of Nodor
25. Meeting Tim the Enchanter - Brickule
26. Entrance to the Cave of Caer Bannog
27. Holy Hand Grenade
28. Reading the inscription in the cave
29. Legendary Black Beast of Aaaahrg
30. Animator suffers a heart attack
31. Bridge of Death
33. Lancelot getting arrested
34. Sailing to Castle Aahg
35. French taunting #2
36. Police stop Arthur's charge - David Gregory
The theme of Brickworld this year is 5. I'm quite
sure that this theme can be incorporated into at least a few of the scenes.
I think it would be great if we could build enough trees/forest to be lined up behind all the scenes. It would only need to be a thin strip; half BP's would do. However, the background trees would just be icing on the cake—the scenes themselves are the main priority.
Please also remember to fill out the "MOC info" on the Brickworld site once you've registered. (This is for all MOC's, not just Castle ones.) If you plan on including a Castle MOC in the collaborative display, make sure to choose the "Classic Castle City" option in the drop-down menu of your MOC registration. The collaborative display option can be changed, so you can update them if your building plans change. Feel free to mention any Castle MOC's you're bringing in this thread as well.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to PM me or reply here.David Gregory
Brickworld Castle Coordinator