Clearance 7949

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Clearance 7949

Post by Kosh »

I had seen mention buried in some relies to a different set over on Eurobricks and it's true, some Targets have clearanced 7949 Prison Carriage Rescue. This is kinda odd but it was only a couple weeks ago this store had went from $9.99 to $12.99 for this set. This store went to 50% off the higher price so it was still a decent $6.04 each, I got eight :^ ) I'm looking at it as $2 minifig's and the other pieces were free :D

This store also still had PoP at 50% off except for Battle of Alamut which is 30%
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: Clearance 7949

Post by architect »

I was just thinking of posting this news myself. My local target had quite a few Prison Carriage Rescue sets half off yesterday along with Duplo Cars sets. They were sold out of the clearance Prince of Persia sets.

Ben
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

Well I went back and got a few more 7949's, it's HARD to resist a $2 minfig, especially a $2 Castle minifig with essentially free pieces to boot. I got a surprise, they had some Series CM's atm that point as well (Had mind you :^). The CM's even had 2 price stickers but I don't know were they were hiding during my earlier visit, it pays to keep your eyes open :)
apache
Gong Farmer

Post by apache »

Kosh, grab those $6 sets while you can. I went to one target and I got two prison carriages for $8 apiece and the next Target had plenty in stock but they were the regulary $12 . Wierd.

P.S. Checked three K-Marts for the Dragon Tower Rescue but all were sold out at $20. If you live in a small town, you might find one or two.
Hoboman
Apprentice

Post by Hoboman »

Both Targets near me have them at the $12 price. :(

In fact they had almost no clearance sets at all.
"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I visited another Target that had the 7949's at 7.98 each. They also had a few of the newest cars sets on clearance already. Managers likely have the ability to discount a certain dollar amount of product. They are making these decisions at a store level so your sale selection will vary.

Ben
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

I know people that work there, I've talked to them over time, clearance is controlled by headquarters. What the criteria are, I don't know, they don't know, but it is a headquarters decision, they just do what the screen on the scanner says. I do know a few years ago that when one store clearanced something, they all did and the %'s were the same, that changed and the timing and pricing now varies.
For most items once one store clearances an item they all will, there are exceptions but they are just that, exceptions. If I see something go clearance in around a quantity of 3 stores, it's going to go away in all the local stores is my rule of thumb, that rule holds pretty true almost all the time.
I live in the land of Targets don't ya know :) I could drive to any of about 50 odd of them in about an hours time.....

I've hit the 11 quantity mark on clearance 7949's now, it's HARD to pass up a $2 Castle minifig :D
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I'm definitely going to go check out the local Target today. Anyone in WA know if they're on clearance here?
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

The local Target I went to (Raleigh - Brier Creek) had the original price jacked up to $13.99 and had them on clearance for $9.68. Very odd. Now that I'm on vacation in Jacksonville, FL the local Target has them 30% off at $7.68 or so. Lots left, may wait until it hits the next discount tier as all of their stuff is still only at the 30% off mark.
-Joe "Cool"
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

JCool wrote:Now that I'm on vacation in Jacksonville, FL the local Target has them 30% off at $7.68 or so.
I found them in Richmond, VA for $7.68 as well. I already have a few copies of the set so I only picked up one more along with one of the mini creator sets for $3.58. They have a number of sets on clearance actually, including some Atlantis sets for 50% off, one of the Pharaoh's quest sets discounted, and *gasp* even a Star Wars set marked down on clearance.
OverLoad
Steward

Post by OverLoad »

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check this out.

Maybe this clearance will give me the motivation to buy all the way past my 20th copy of this wonderful set. :)
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
ELMAS
Apprentice

Post by ELMAS »

Thanks a lot! My target in Houston had them marked 50%!! SO I got 8 of them for half price.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

ELMAS wrote:Thanks a lot! My target in Houston had them marked 50%!! SO I got 8 of them for half price.
I'm incredibly jealous... none of the Targets here in Washington seem to have them marked down yet :mad:
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Hoboman
Apprentice

Post by Hoboman »

Was down in a different part of town and hit another Target. They did not have the Rescue marked down either. And they had about 12 copies too. But they did have three copies of the Knights Showdown marked down to $5 each.

So it seems to be very inconsistant from store to store. :(
"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

So apparently I missed one of the many Targets around Raleigh in my clearance hunts, but a fellow Lug member pointed out that they had plenty of the Prison Carriage Rescue at 50% off for $5.48 each. I grabbed the final 20 that the store had this morning - it's just too hard to pass up ~$2/fig. I've also been lucky to grab a few HP sets at 50% off over the past few weeks. The deals are still out there, if you can find them.
-Joe "Cool"