We need packs of knights

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The Josh wrote:Lego has a pack of town minifigs that includes 30 minifigs for only $34 (USD):

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/9293

I wish that Lego would release a similarly sized and priced castle minifig pack.
That would be awesome. Even if it was KK2. Of course, it'll never happen. (Think I'm an optimist? :wink: )
TheMightyTwoAxe
Serf

Post by TheMightyTwoAxe »

I think that if lego releases these "provincial castles" we've been speculating about in other threads they might release some KKII powderpuff villager bulk packs but thats a complete stab in the dark on my part.
Two axes are better than one :-)
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

A very big stab. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

yes we need minifig pacs i hope they atleast come to norwat then but i can hope. good luck trying too meke some danish people to give us that
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
erikut wrote:yes we need minifig pacs i hope they atleast come to norwat then but i can hope. good luck trying too meke some danish people to give us that
From a friend in Norway I know that most regular sets (sets that are in the catalogue) are available in Norway. Unfortunatelly twice as expensive as in Germany.

Bye
Jojo

erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

i got to go to germany :shock:
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Packs of knights would be nice, but higher on my growing list of TLC demands is any knights at all, rather than jelly beans.
Dire Avenger
Villein

Post by Dire Avenger »

We could always decide what we want right here....

Heres my proposal. Its a bulk pack with 30 figs:

5 male peasants with a vareity of daggers and pitchforks
5 female peasants with pots and knives an a broom
8 soldiers (differing themes?) with spears, viking helm with noseguard
4 soldiers with bows, viking helm with chin guard
4 soldiers with swords KK1 knight helmets
6 knights with longswords and sheilds, grey Rainbow Knights armor and those beaky helmets that Anthony likes so much. (the one on Garalt)

What do you all think?

-DA
Always remember....A toothpick in time saves nine. Only, what the heck does that mean?
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Dire Avenger wrote: 5 male peasants with a vareity of daggers and pitchforks
5 female peasants with pots and knives an a broom
8 soldiers (differing themes?) with spears, viking helm with noseguard
4 soldiers with bows, viking helm with chin guard
4 soldiers with swords KK1 knight helmets
6 knights with longswords and sheilds, grey Rainbow Knights armor and those beaky helmets that Anthony likes so much. (the one on Garalt)
-DA
First of all, the peasants should be in a sepperate pack, so that people who want them can get vast quantities cheaply, and those who don't could just get soldiers. Also, perhaps the themes should be sepperate, as that creates a major rift if you just want to make a big army of one theme. Or maybe they could have all printed armor on the torsos, blank shields, and include a bunch of torso and shield stickers?Anyway, heres my list for soldiers:

-10 soldiers with bows, viking helm with chin guard, and quiver
-10 infantry/crossbowmen, varying on the themes
-5 knights with lances, ovoid shields,swords, grill bar helmets, horses, and regular saddles
-5 mounted knights with euro armor, lances, ovoid shields, swords, visored helmets,horses, and barding saddles.
Dire Avenger
Villein

Post by Dire Avenger »

We have to come up with something that comes in one pack, because Lego suer isnt going to give us more then two accessory kits.

-DA
Always remember....A toothpick in time saves nine. Only, what the heck does that mean?
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Let's get our peasants from SW sets and let TLC make a bulk set of soldiers, we don't need kings either, buy a castle accessories set if you need a crown. We need a set of some generic knghts we can use to build up armies. Perhaps with an assortment of classic figs. 10 Lion Knights(Crusaders), 10 Black Falcons, 10 Forestmen or 10 Black Knights. With a decent amount of horses, bardings, weapons, quivers, helmets and armor. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
xxbattosaixx
Foot Soldier

Post by xxbattosaixx »

That would be really great.
Or,they could make a pack of soldiers that have generic torsos,with no factions symbols.Then they could sell a pack of the things that have faction markings,like the sheilds,bardings,and flags to go with it.
First of all, the peasants should be in a sepperate pack, so that people who want them can get vast quantities cheaply, and those who don't could just get soldiers.
They'll probably put them in the same pack,but that's not problem.Why?
We could have a swap topic in the B/S/T forum!
You'd be able to swap knights for peasents and vice versa!
That way,it'd be like buying a pack of only soldiers or peasents!
That'd be cool! :D
- Tom
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

wlister wrote:Let's get our peasants from SW sets and let TLC make a bulk set of soldiers, we don't need kings either, buy a castle accessories set if you need a crown. We need a set of some generic knghts we can use to build up armies. Perhaps with an assortment of classic figs. 10 Lion Knights(Crusaders), 10 Black Falcons, 10 Forestmen or 10 Black Knights. With a decent amount of horses, bardings, weapons, quivers, helmets and armor. :D

Will
I agree with your basic premise, but there is no way that TLC will ever release a new set with the classic factions. And if they did, it would be all wrong. The weapons, the helmets, everything, wouldn't seem right.

Its better to work with the framework we've got.

So, a KK2 soldiers/knights pack.

Lets say that we get 10 Shadow Knights, 10 Royal Soldiers (they have King Matthias's emblem, but their overall design is more.... KK1ish.), and 10 provinicial soldiers (I would expect that TLC would pick the Baby Blues, but my preference would be the greenies). Or else the last ten could be more neutral, say soldiers of the Guardian, or something.

I've gotta stop being so delusional.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Formendacil wrote:
wlister wrote:10 provinicial soldiers (I would expect that TLC would pick the Baby Blues, but my preference would be the greenies). Or else the last ten could be more neutral, say soldiers of the Guardian, or something.
They could have different stickers for the different provinces
pwnage
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

TLC hasn't made torso stickers for quite some time, but I must say I would love to see it done. If they were going to go with torso stickers, they could also go with shield stickers and give us a ton of options, from the newer themes to the classics. That would be a castle minifig pack worth buying in droves.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.