No Love for Castle

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
SPACE MARINE
Apprentice

No Love for Castle

Post by SPACE MARINE »

Dear Lego,

Castle and Space used to be the kings of the toy isle, now, they only have 3-6 sets a year, while city gets all the attention. I have to buy all my Lego off the internet because the nearest store that carries Lego Kingdoms is 5 hours away BY CAR. Please put more into Kingdoms, what you've done is nice, but it's kinda half-baked. Please give Kingdoms the same attention as city. :cry:
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good- Rom. 12:21

Little Bricks, BIG dreams
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Re: No Love for Castle

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I think all of us here would agree for more LEGO in the aisles :D , sometimes it's up to the individual store chains or individual stores themselves to decide. I now live in a city without a TRU :cry: , but luckily the local Target and Wal-Mart has more Castle LEGO than normal, Perhaps it's due to they sell more LEGO now than when the TRU was here, and thus stock more LEGO knowing it will be sold (thanks to me buying it). Out in California, the only Wal-Marts that would sell Castle LEGO were the SUPER sized stores, and only a limited amount at that.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Post by andhe »

My nearest TRU hasn't stocked ANY of the latest Kingdoms line. The last time I saw castle lego there was the fantasy era sets that sucked me out of my 'dark ages'... but then none since! I guess the star wars/city stuff that dominates must just sell better, which is what it comes down to in the end... :(
Less talking, more MOCing.

https://www.instagram.com/classicstylecastle/
Tower of Iron Will
Master

andhe wrote:My nearest TRU hasn't stocked ANY of the latest Kingdoms line. The last time I saw castle lego there was the fantasy era sets that sucked me out of my 'dark ages'... but then none since! I guess the star wars/city stuff that dominates must just sell better, which is what it comes down to in the end... :(
What I would do when I lived out in California would be to check out the TRUs in the more upscale cities. Usually they would be stocked to the brim with Castle LEGO. If that doesn't work then talk to the store manager or maybe there's a small chance to find out who the LEGO sales rep is for that area.
-Tower

jediknight219
Freeman

Post by jediknight219 »

The way I figure it went:

Fantasy castle, Phase I (Humans and skellies) - First decent Castle series in a while. The AFOLs decended upon it like starving hyenas.
Fantasy castle, Phase 2 (Dwarves and Orcs) - The hyenas, sated from the previous wave, backed off and sales dropped.
Kingdoms - Lego backs off and produces less Castle stuff.

But what do I know, I'm just guessing. I didn't back off of Castle until after the second wave of fantasy stuff. So far I've only bought one Kingdoms set and that was because it was on sale.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I happen to disagree with you guys in this thread. Castle has for the last decade or so, run a 3 year cycle on castle lines. A huge push the first year, a little less the next year, and less the third year. I really like the Kingdoms sets. They aren't full of a ton of the same old same old (read this catapults, and the like). They have given civilians which castle people have been begging for. We were given the MMV...and amazing set. We are getting castle type animals. We got the pitchfork back. Even the collectible minifigs have castle figs in them. The whole fairy tale minifig pack has castle figs.

No love for castle? Yeah I don't see that at all.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Bluesecrets wrote:I happen to disagree with you guys in this thread. Castle has for the last decade or so, run a 3 year cycle on castle lines. A huge push the first year, a little less the next year, and less the third year. I really like the Kingdoms sets. They aren't full of a ton of the same old same old (read this catapults, and the like). They have given civilians which castle people have been begging for. We were given the MMV...and amazing set. We are getting castle type animals. We got the pitchfork back. Even the collectible minifigs have castle figs in them. The whole fairy tale minifig pack has castle figs.

No love for castle? Yeah I don't see that at all.
Well, I didn't think that I was giving that impression. My bad. I love Kingdoms sets and figures very, very much. My only limitation in buying them is how much I have to spend. Lion factions in the past have always been the most favored faction, from the first faction in the mid eighties to the KK1. Kingdoms takes the goodness that was/is the Crown, Skeleton, Orcs, and Dwarves factions and adds even more greatness; another Lion faction :D and Dragon faction. With the MMV and the Mill Village Raid, peasants are here again. LEGO is on a roll.
-Tower