[News] Collectible Minifigs Series 6 & 7

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Azaghal
Landlord

[News] Collectible Minifigs Series 6 & 7

Post by Azaghal »

So, since these have been up on The Brothers Brick all weekend I'm thinking it's safe to discuss them here.*

Series 6:

Quite a few Castle/Fantasy figs this time around - I'm especially interested in the Minotaur and the Barbarian, myself, though I bet the Roman gets a lot of interest. The Genie is probably the most visually interesting, tying perhaps with Lady Liberty (which is also interesting as a second "International Icon" fig after Series 5's Royal Guard). Her parts will be kinda hard to reuse, though, although a sand green female face will have certain applications relevant to this forum. :orc: Most of the rest I could take or leave, though I'll probably grab a Gunslinger and a Leprechaun. It's kinda - vindicating? - to see the Flamenco Dancer, too.

*My apologies in advance if I'm mistaken about this.
Azaghal
Landlord

Re: [News] Collectible Minifigs Series 6 & 7

Post by Azaghal »

Series 7:

Personally, I think this line is a bit stronger than 6 is. Highlights for me are the Bagpiper, Merking, Red Riding Hood*, Central American Warrior, Death Knight, Opera Viking**, and, lookit that, there's Jungle Boy!

*Who is, if I'm not mistaken, the first minifig we've seen in the Collectafig series who's recognizable from a specific story***.

**Whose headgear I suspect is 1) all one piece, and 2) going to make an appearance in the upcoming Marvel Comics line.

***Well, I guess there's the Monster Movie figures, but even if those hew close to specific films in design, overall they're a bit more archetypal.
Elbadar
Artisan

Post by Elbadar »

Roman
That is all :)
Back to the front!
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

I am completely hoping that the Black knight in series 7 has a boar as his crest.
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

I just went over our combined wishlist, and nearly every figure in both sets fulfills one of the items on it. Either we're really good at recognizing TLG's trends, or they're paying attention to us.

I hope it's the latter. :D
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Azaghal wrote: *Who is, if I'm not mistaken, the first minifig we've seen in the Collectafig series who's recognizable from a specific story***.
Don't forget Sherlock Holmes from Series 5... And Robin Hood from Series 1.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

^ Both of which were given generic names: Detective and Forestman. It makes me wonder what Red Riding Hood's "official" name will be. Fairytale Girl, perhaps?
BiggerJim
Apprentice

Post by BiggerJim »

These look really great.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=biggerjim]My store[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/biggerjim/]My Flickr[/url]
MOC's come and go....But sorting is forever.
annie2200
Freeman

Post by annie2200 »

VERY excited about the legionary and viking woman, the barbarian's shield is really nice and I would love to know what is on that black knight's shield - if it was a red dragon I might just die and go to the big legoland in the sky.
Lego is my first love, it will always be my last
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

Theres so many great figures and new pieces in these waves.

Red hood, new flower base, bagpipes, basket, medal, steak bone, meat cleaver and a new part that fits into the front of the turban :D

I really want the Aztec warrior, Roman legionary, Highlander, Genie, Black knight, minotaur and the Valkyrie maiden [I can imagine a pack of these on white horses taking my Vikings off to Valhalla :D ]
Don't really have alot of use for the space figures or the robot but the rest of the figures have parts that i can use.
And its great to see that there more equality in the figures. Theres 10 female figures in these 2 waves

I'm guessing that its going to be pretty easy to feel the Aztec warrior and King Neptune in their bags. Their parts will be huge inside the bag.
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

Athos wrote:Don't forget Sherlock Holmes from Series 5... And Robin Hood from Series 1.
The "Robin Hood" I was considering a callback to the old Forestmen faction (who were, of course, based on Robin and company anyways . . .), but you have a point about Holmes (whom I had completely blanked on). "Detective" or not, It's obvious who it is.

(Jungle Boy might also fit this subseries as a version of Tarzan, but I think there's enough differences and variations on that theme to consider him more equivalent to the movie-monsters.)
Ashkestral
Villein

Post by Ashkestral »

Skater girl, Pajama kid, Bride, Dark knight, Red Riding Hood, and the Mermaid King are all on my want list...

Is that a female viking in series 7?
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

It seems to be either a Viking woman/Valkyrie or an opera singer. I'm betting on the former, because her mouth is closed (you'd think an opera singer would be depicted, you know, singing) and her torso doesn't look like she's wearing one of those stereotypical dual-trash-can-lid "feminine" breastplates.
Fraslund
Robin Goodfellow

Post by Fraslund »

Dont show that mayan warrior to Ak Brickster, he will want to have an invading mayan army in our AoE collab lol!

So many good figs for castle builders! 4 must haves at least from each series. Good times!
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

I can't wait for series 7: Little Red Riding Hood versus the Big Bad Rabbit -- "My what big teeth you have!"