Flower Festival (CCC IX May Day)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Siercon and Coral
Laborer

Flower Festival (CCC IX May Day)

Post by Siercon and Coral »

Silas looked slowly round at the youthful faces gazing up at him in anticipation. This small journey was their rite of passage, a time of testing as well as instruction. He waited until the forestlings had settled around the warming fire, preparing themselves for a night of lore and adventure. Silas cleared his throat. “Are you ready to listen? To become a Forestman, like your parents and like me, to hear the tales of your ancestors?” He chuckled to himself as he watched the innocent smiles that grew among them. “Good. Our first tale is from long ago, when forestmen first came to this place. Though the land was beautiful, the winters were long; and the people struggled to make a living out of the Earth. One young girl by the name of Flora wandered deeper into the woods in search of flowers. At first there were none to be found, for the cruel winter had made them lose their bloom. As she searched deeper however, she found a single May Tree. When Flora drew near it, the tree began to pulse and brighten! She reached out her hand for it, and the flowers came to meet her… pink and white petals forming into the shape of a lovely woman. ‘Long have I waited to meet one who would find me here,’ she spoke, and her voiced sounded as chimes in the wind. ‘My name is Hawthorne, guardian of this realm. This forest has been awaiting a people to cherish it, and with your coming I can at last bless the earth.’ She gently placed her hand on Flora’s head, and with her smile the forest came alive with magic. Flowers lifted their faces, brooks began bubbling to life, and the trees grew tall around them. The dryads and their sister river nymphs ran to meet our ancestors. Then Hawthorne turned to Flora once more with a promise, which our people remember to this day. For on that first of May, we found a home. Now every May Day we thank the one who gave us this haven, and promised to keep Avalonia fertile and protected. You forestlings collect flowers to mark that time and to celebrate our home.”

This is for CCC IX the Medieval holiday category. May Day (a festival celebrating the goddess of flowers)

Water Nymph!

An Entwife :)
Glory_Forever
Villein

Re: Flower Festival (CCC IX May Day)

Post by Glory_Forever »

Wow... I thought I was beyond shock from you guys creations. I guess not. The creation is beyond amazing. :twitch:
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

Love the water effects, the birch trees, and....well, everything else! Great work, can't wait to see more.
legoknight
Freeman

Post by legoknight »

Wow! I love this! Very nice waterfall made there! Great work and I wish you luck!
Everything is awesome!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/69141053@N08/]Flickr[/url]
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

Excellent work Sean. Still can't get over that nymph. :)
TooMuchCaffeine
Freeman

Post by TooMuchCaffeine »

This is just beautiful.
Increasingly irritated by the way real-world work impinges on building time...
Unitronus
Villein

Post by Unitronus »

Splendid work!
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

This is marvelous. I was wondering when someone would enter this catagory and I'm glad to see that you did.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
Siercon and Coral
Laborer

Post by Siercon and Coral »

Medieval Guy wrote:This is marvelous. I was wondering when someone would enter this catagory and I'm glad to see that you did.
Thanks! And then I realized that that category has a size limit, and this is six baseplates :P so I think it'll end up in the Misc. entry unfortunately...

Thanks all for the comments!
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

Whatever category you enter, I'm sure this will do well. Very gorgeous MOC, best I've seen in a while for the forestmen.

Happy building! :wave:
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Nice. Birch trees, haven't seen those since childhood and you have done well with them. The entwife and water nymph are nicely done and I like the story, great job.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!