Needed: Castle Barding Template

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Needed: Castle Barding Template

Post by adm_matthew »

not for a sticker for the barding, but someting I can print out and hang on the horse.. :)
spidereater
Gong Farmer

Post by spidereater »

This is a great idea. Are you thinking about cloth blanket style barding?

I would love to see a sticker template that we could use though.

Both of these ideas should be explored.
I am so excited that I found this place.

Visit www.He-man.org !!!
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I am currently at work on the template, but if someone can make it better then I will fully applaud them!

so far I have apattern, but am experimenting with different papers and starched fabrics and the like...

Freak
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

LEGOFREAK wrote:I am currently at work on the template, but if someone can make it better then I will fully applaud them!

so far I have apattern, but am experimenting with different papers and starched fabrics and the like...

Freak
If you could come up with something that would fit over one of my MOC horses I would be tremendously interested.

Alan
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

LEGOFreak, could you send me the pattern and let me work with it?
armothe
Apprentice

Post by armothe »

Something like this?

I made a template (for stickers) awhile back, but it hasn't been perfected yet.

-A
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

sorry I didnt repond matt - sure I'll send you what I have.
:oops: I forgot to do it earlier...
great job armothe!
that's pretty cool.
:) I needed the outline of the saddle, hope you don't mind if I lift that portion.
The rest I just traced from the barding I have.
:D
Freak
armothe
Apprentice

Post by armothe »

LEGOFREAK wrote: :) I needed the outline of the saddle, hope you don't mind if I lift that portion.
(assuming you are talking to me) Feel free, but keep in mind its not perfect. That is, I have not actually cut it out and tested.

-A
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

hmmn... now I need to know the exact width of a horse. I can't print these out on barding, because I only have one :P hmmn....
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

1.5 cm?
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

probably...
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

(assuming you are talking to me) Feel free, but keep in mind its not perfect. That is, I have not actually cut it out and tested.
A quick print, cut and paste later by me....

The saddle cut-out area is very good. Using that as the key to laying down the printout:

Front top: Covers nicely to the front edge and follows the natural contour of the barding well, but the top might need to come up a trifle. It covers better on the older dragon bardings, but the newer Fright Knight and Leo Bardings comes up higher and narrower and may be more difficult to cover since the can extend past the rounded edge.

Lower front: Come up a little short. The image stretch noted immediately below should cure any problems here, though the front top edge then gets to be a little too long (but it is better to be slightly oversize and have to cut down than it is to be too small and not cover).

Bottom frills: Fwoosh! You do not want to cut out hordes of those. It might be easier to fill in the gaps with black and just cut straight across, or use a straight edge design. In any case, the middle frill centers nicely, but the others are all shifted inward, increasingly so going qutward. Doing an image stretch slightly in both direction should cure this fairly easily.

Back: The image stretch would probably cure the back edge, which comes up a little short. The rump needs to be very slightly fuller. The top back is good.
armothe
Apprentice

Post by armothe »

TwoTonic Knight wrote: A quick print, cut and paste later by me....
I just cut it out as well and noted the exact same things you did. My main concern is having the frills line up. I do think the back needs to be more "full" as well.

Hopefully I can update the pattern soon!

-A