Score!

Discussion of general LEGO topics
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Score!

Post by footsteps »

Went west this holiday season to visit family. Something wonderful happened.

My sister's family is planning on moving in the next couple of months, so they are 'de-cluttering'. My nephews (aged 18 & 21) are on to the next stages of their lives, and have lost all interest in Lego. As in: less than zero interest. The mind boggles. So my sister and brother-in-law asked if I'd like their Lego, otherwise they'd "get rid of it" prior to the move.

Need I say more?

We had to buy an extra suitcase -- a big one with built-in wheels and pull handle -- for $20 from the local Sally Ann, then pay $22 for extra luggage on the flight. And now it's home.

Fifty. Freakin'. Pounds.

Known sets in the batch: 8780, 8781, 6281, 6540, 6342, 4806, 8500. Parts that look like the original Y-Wing. Pirate/Imperial boat hulls (bow/stern) and masts. Lots, lots more that I will likely never be able to catalogue.

It's been a very Merry Christmas.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Re: Score!

Post by Athos »

Those kind of finds are always the best. I've snagged a bunch of space stuff in similar manners.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Life_Unscripted
Laborer

Re: Score!

Post by Life_Unscripted »

I was on craigslist one day and saw a GIANT collection for $200. He said I was the first to call and he had JUST put it up. I went and got it. It was a FIFTY FIVE GALLON container full and breaking because there was so much in it. I didn't look to weigh it but it took me two weeks to clean and sort it all lol