LEGO Theme Survey

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Knight Man
Journeyman

Re: LEGO Theme Survey

Post by Knight Man »

For Kingdoms fractions: Black Falcons, Forestmen, Wolfpack, and maby Black Knights. For other non-castle themes: Western and a new Space theme that would have all of the fractions from the 80's and 90's except Insectroids and UFO Now that would be epic 8) . ~KnightMan~
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8475/8406300705_86b2d80f86_m.jpg[/img] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/76575933@N02/]My Flickr[/url] [url=https://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-The_Creator]My sets[/url]
Canoehead
Serf

Post by Canoehead »

We've all seen the detailed/upscaled city theme with the new release of the city hall.
I would like to see something like that relating to Castle, maybe the renaissance era. If Lego wanted to zero in more on a specific sub-theme
I guess sets relating to Leonardo Davinci or if Lego wanted somthing more classic then I would hope for The Knights of the Round.
Kevdragon
Serf

Post by Kevdragon »

I definately think that a lego mythical range from the legends of classical Greece would be fantastic. Here are some ideas.

Small - range sets:-

Hercules against one of his 12 labours, fighting say a harpy mini fig.

Atalanta (a female mythical)against the giant boar, with a tree set (similar to the forbidden forest in the current Harry Potter)

Mid- range sets:-

Perseus Mini Fig up against a Medusa minifig ( take the snake tail base from the latest ninjago lines as her minifig base. A third minifig could be another warrior alread turned to stone and a small temple backdrop.

Theseus Mini Fig in the Labyrinth with a minotaur Minifig in a labyrinth passageway, pehaps with a hidden panel.

Big Sets:-

Jason and the Argonauts, with a Greek Galley ship, Jason, Medea, Hercules, Orpheus and two argonaut Mini Figs. It could also have a small Tree set with the Golden Fleece and a lego Hydra monster guarding it.

Trojan War- This Set would have a trojan Horse, a walls of Troy set and mini figs of Paris, Achilies, Helen of Troy, Agamennon, Two Trojans soldiers and four Greek soldiers
stuartcorsar8
Gong Farmer

Post by stuartcorsar8 »

crusades era!!!

It can cover so many battles and factions. pilgrims of all religions. Muslim christian warriors and mongols. barbars vs lionheart. edward fighting the celts and in holy land. the trading between the nations of spices and metals. it can cover so much and if done properly it wont offend anyone.

stu

ps

assassins to!!
Kevdragon
Serf

Post by Kevdragon »

Leading from a kind of Crusaders/middle east/ pirates cross theme - what about a range based on the legends of Sinbad the Sailor? You could have the theme of Sinbad and his daring crew out to seek treasure and up against an evil sultan/ sourcerer.

You could have an impulse set of Sindad on a raft after being shipwrecked.

A small playset of Sinbad with a treasure chest, a fellow sailor and a small sea cave set with a little booby trap.

A mid range set of a small boat, a roc bird and its nest with jewels on a small island. and Sinbad, a princess heroine and a sailor figure.

a slightly larger mid range set with the Evil Sultan and his tower on a desert island with two guards and a friend of Sinbad who is out to steal a treasure Map from the Evil Sultan.

Big sets could be Sinbad's Ship (dhow) with a crew, another set could be the evil sultan's war ship. and a top of the range big set of say a middle eastern style sea port.

You could incorperate the Genie mini Fig from the series 6 mini fig range and use elements similar to the Prince of Persia sets.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Has there ever been any feedback<that can be shared> from TLG on this long standing thread?
Domino Gloria!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

timber_wolf899 wrote:Has there ever been any feedback<that can be shared> from TLG on this long standing thread?
There hasn't been direct feedback from TLG on this thread. Themes usually take around two years for internal development. However many of the theme ideas in this thread and others have been featured in the collectable minifigs.

I doubt that TLG would directly say that one person's idea was used to create a theme in order to avoid paying royalties to that person.

Ben
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

I agree with those who say that we should have an ancient theme. After all, Lego has done:

Future (I.E. Space)
Present (I.E. City)
Past (I.E. Pirates)
Past-er (I.E. Castle)

but no past-est so to speak. I think that an ancient theme(s) would complete the timeline nicely. I hope my logic didn't sound to crazy to you :D .
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

Doctor Who.

He visits every theme, and some not even imagined yet.

Lots of outfits and faces, so lots of potential "must have" sets.

Trains, planes, automobiles, boats, spaceships, castles.

Lots of companions. Lots of villains.

Daleks. K-9.
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Zilberfrid
Villein

Post by Zilberfrid »

Dr who could be a very interesting license, but do keep in mind that it'll still be a license. With a few key figurines and the tardis, just about every other theme can be strung together.
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

There is a Doctor Who Cuusoo project. Not sure how it's doing.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]