A way to find Romans

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Username
Councilor

Re: A way to find Romans

Post by Username »

I just feel for the length of the spear and the rubber tip. No bag bending required. I'm up to 20 now!

:D
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Help me out here...why are Romans in such high demand? I remember the same furor over Spartans in the earlier series, and to a lesser extent Gladiators. Is it just because LEGO doesn't have a Classical-era theme and this is the only way to get such characters?
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Probably that along with the fact that it's just a neat army-builder figure. The spears are awesome too, and would be something that castle-builders would value.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

Karalora wrote:Help me out here...why are Romans in such high demand? I remember the same furor over Spartans in the earlier series, and to a lesser extent Gladiators. Is it just because LEGO doesn't have a Classical-era theme and this is the only way to get such characters?
Because one Roman/Spartan looks sad. 100 Romans/Spartans in formation look awesome. :)
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

Well, I tried the bag-bending on a previously identified Roman and it works like a charm. No, it does not damage the fig or any accessories (that is, if you're gentle), and no, the polybag is not too full for this to work. As long as the base is not in the middle, it works fine. The best part: it takes about five seconds per bag.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]