Garheim FO Election Thread

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Garheim FO Election Thread

Post by wobnam »

FACTION OVERSEER ELECTION THREAD

This thread is for the election of a Faction Overseer for Garheim. To keep the threads organized, please only post in your own faction's thread. For general discussion, use the General Discussion thread.

FACTION OVERSEER (FO)
An FO is basically a faction administrator. FOs will get together periodically to discuss game development and host global contests through which the storyline is progressed. Working with their fellow FOs ensures that a cohesive vision is implemented in the development of the project. Individually, FOs host regional contests of their own choosing. Other members of the faction may also host contests or challenges with permission from the FO.

Being an FO involves a lot of work and will take a lot of your time - make sure you know what you are getting into before applying to be an FO!

FACTION LIAISON (FL)
A Faction Liaison is an assistant to the FO. Faction Overseers can task their FLs with keeping track of scoring, hosting a challenge, or other related tasks. The Faction Liaison is chosen by the Faction Overseer.

ELECTION PROCESS
If you want to be an FO, post your candidature in this thread. Debate, discuss and vote your way to an FO. Try to reach a decision by Thursday 8.
Last edited by wobnam on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Re: Garheim FO Election Thread

Post by richardanthonyc »

I would like to be considered to be Faction overseer for Garheim. I would be fair in my administration duties, I would be extremely active in all duties relating to LCC and I am always online. I work in a job where I can be online in chat from 8-5 and on the forum from 8-5 (GMT) 5 days a week in addition to being online a lot when I get home. I will be very supportive and inclusive of all ideas for Garheim and I would ensure that our borders are always protected :tasty:

I will also be very active in all builds and projects and try my best to make sure that the story progression is seamless and pleasing to all.

In short, make me your overseer and Garheim will rise to the top of Roawia and conquer all! Long live Garheim!
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
Brother Steven
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Brother Steven »

As a servant of the realm of Garheim, I would hereby like to nominate AK Brickster as FO of this mighty province. He is well qualified for the position if he is willing to do it.

~Steven
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Thank you for the nomination, Brother Steven. I'd be happy to be the overseer for the great lands of Garheim, should I be elected.

As you most likely know, I have been a key contributor and developer of this project since it's inception, and I feel that I have the dedication and time available to be able to closely attend the needs of our faction. My work also requires me to be near a computer at almost all times, so I'll always be around to answer questions or address any issues or concerns that may arise. Since I spend so much time at work/commuting, I actually don't have a lot of time to build with my Lego, so having a more administrative role would be a great outlet for my enthusiasm for this project.

If you have any questions for me specifically, feel free to PM me or post here and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks everyone for joining this project. On the behalf of the entire development team, we are so glad to have you all as a part of this, and we hope it really succeeds and is as much fun for everyone as I think it will be.

Jordan - "AK_Brickster"
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
gurusql
Foot Soldier

Post by gurusql »

I would like to move that we have a vote of the two candidates (AK_Brickster and richardanthonyc) with the winner being the FO and the second place winner being the FL (assuming that the second place winner is willing). :D
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/40798201@N05/]Flickr[/url]
richardanthonyc
Reeve

gurusql wrote:I would like to move that we have a vote of the two candidates (AK_Brickster and richardanthonyc) with the winner being the FO and the second place winner being the FL (assuming that the second place winner is willing). :D
Good idea, I would have no problem submitting to the authority of AK_Brikster :)

AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

That's fine with me, though if richard would rather choose his own FL if he was elected, that would be fine also.
richardanthonyc
Reeve

AK_Brickster wrote:That's fine with me, though if richard would rather choose his own FL if he was elected, that would be fine also.
Or we could just make a joint campiagn now. You can be Overseer, I can be Liason? Either way I just want to be involved and I know you will beat me in the vote :lol:

gurusql
Foot Soldier

Post by gurusql »

I would support AK_Brickster being FO and richardanthonyc being FL. Would any of the other member of the mighty empire of Garheim like to voice an opinion?
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/40798201@N05/]Flickr[/url]
WvdP
Villein

Post by WvdP »

I also vote for AK_Brickster as FO!

Since I'm not eligible to vote for the FL, I'm fine with any choice the FO makes - as long as he doesn't pick me :wink:
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/peasant4.jpg[/img]
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. (Gen. Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett)
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

The horse-people of the grasslands think that they are more unified than we. HAR! We'll see how nimble their horses and chariots are when confronted with waist-deep drifts of snow and rocky mountain passes. Their mounts will bolt in fear when confronted with our fierce packs of snarling Beardogs, fangs dripping with drool, slathering over the thought of juicy horseflesh. :twisted:
Garheim is a land fortified by the gods!! Our castles are impenetrable, and our warriors grizzled and fierce!
Not to mention they'll be crying for warmer climes once they feel the bite of our frosty air on their smoothly-shaven baby faces. HAR HAR HAR!

On, Garheim!
CastleLord
Reeve

Post by CastleLord »

Ok then, time for my vote here.

I vote for AK_Brickster as FO.

And the FL should be easy, even if we're not allowed to vote on it. There's only 1 candidate :roll:

CastleLord.
CastleLord. The Lord of the castle.
TFOL and computer nerd. I do as I please and live life to the fullest!
Please visit:
and [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/castlelord/]My Flickr[/url]
richardanthonyc
Reeve

GARHEIM!GARHEIM!GARHEIM!GARHEIM!GARHEIM!GARHEIM!

Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

Ak brickster, you have my vote.
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
wobnam
Master Liliputian
Master Liliputian

Post by wobnam »

My vote for FO goes to AK_Brickster.

I'd also like to be considered as FL. I've been with the "committee" since the beginning, and I'll probably keep doing some of the administrative work behind the scenes along with the others. Had noone else wanted it I probably would have taken on being FO, but with the other duties I think FL will suit me better. Right now it looks like AK will end up as FO, and through the "committee" I've found we work really well together :). I probably won't be able to build as much as many others, which will leave more time for administrative duties (and contest hosting if AK wants to participate).