Average Price for 80s Castle minifigs

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
joee
Serf

Average Price for 80s Castle minifigs

Post by joee »

I have been into collecting Castle Lego for a few months now and I am nearing the end of collecting sets. Now I would like to collect more minifigs just
Black Falcons, Lion Knights (Crusaders), Black Knights, and Forestmen. I am just curious to know the average price for a fully equipped figure of each faction. By fully equipped I would say a Soldier with a spear/axe/sword, shield and helmet, an Archer with bow & arrow, quiver and helmet, a knight with sword, shield, helmet and plume (just grill helmet knights) and a forestman with cap and plume and either spear/axe/sword or bow and quiver.
I know I can go to Bricklink and look at prices for just the figure but it comes without accessories. I'm mainly just trying to know how high I should bid on ebay for sets of figures.
Any help would be nice.
Oh yes and a price on horses with a saddle, and with barding.
Medieval Guy
Squire

Re: Average Price for 80s Castle minifigs

Post by Medieval Guy »

I'd say maybe four or five bucks (USD) per minifig. That seems like what they go for on eBay.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Make sure you get good descriptions for buying any figs that old. It sucks to pay $5 a fig and then find out that the torsos/arms are cracked, the hips are loose, and the heads are chewed/faded/slide off the neck. (Take it from someone with experience ;))
If you're buying from Bricklink, you usually are dealing with fellow Lego fans, if it's eBay, it very likely could just be some lady who pulled her kid's old collection out and is trying to turn it into cash, and she might not realize/care that they're not in good condition.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Sir Bragallot
Artisan

Post by Sir Bragallot »

I bought the black knight's set with the ghost (Monarch's Ghost?) off Ebay once. It took ages to arrive, and the shield was partially broken :( I think you can get cheaper deals off Ebay though, but the risk's also greater. As for price, it really depends on the fig... I've put together a lot of my minifigs from loose parts I bought. It takes some (a lot) of comparing and prepartion, but if you can get enough cheap items off the same website (thus limiting the amount of times you'll pay shipment costs) I believe you can get a lot of armed "80's minifigs" for under or around 2 euros. As a bonus a lot of the stuff you buy will be more sturdy and newer than the minis that are truly that old. Old shields tend to be quite expensive in my experience though. As for horse bardings, they're often really expensive, even if the clips are broken...
[url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21682]Enter the World of Westeron[/url]
joee
Serf

Post by joee »

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking it was more $2.50-$3.00 US for a figure and couldn't figure out why a set of 25 mainly black knight soldier minifigures went for over $83.00 recently. (I thought I'd win at $75).
Thor
Foot Soldier

Post by Thor »

Joee, Let me know. I have a bunch of Castle Crusaders I'd sell you as I'm really just wanting to keep my Falcons and newer figs.
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

It can also depend on the faction and the accessories you are expecting with it. Generally, forestmen shields go for a premium as do any plume, especially feathers. I haven't bought just figures in a while, but I would think $2-3 for a fully armed figure sounds a little on the low side.

I would also agree that you take a bigger risk buying things on ebay, although if you are diligent you can get some really good deals.