Brickworld 2012

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Brickworld 2012

Post by Crazylegoman »

Hello everyone,

As I'm sure many of you already know, we're planning another great LEGO fan event in the Chicago area—Brickworld 2012!

Here is some basic information about the Brickworld event:

• Date: Wednesday, June 13 - Sunday, June 17
• Location: Westin Hotel in Wheeling, Illinois (same as previous years)
Full Registration cost: $60, "All Access" registration cost: $40
• On May 1 MOC REGISTRATION CLOSES, which means that it's the last day to get table space.
• On May 18 general registration closes. There will be NO on-site registrations.
• Hotel room costs: $123 per night (That's $100 off per night of their going rate. Please be aware that you have to sign up through Brickworld by June 7 to get the special discounted rate.) Last year we had record numbers at the event, so don't delay if you plan on staying at the Westin.
I do sincerely apologize for not posting this sooner. I've heard that some types of rooms in the Brickworld block are already sold out.

You may notice that there are 2 different levels/types of registration for Brickworld Chicago this year, and that they are different from the 2 types we offered last year. Last year the 2 types were "Full" and "Light" registration. The Light registration didn't give access to the presentations and workshops. This year the "All Access" registration replaces the Light registration, and it does include access to presentations and workshops. The All Access registration lets a person attend all of the scheduled parts of the event, but does not include MOC space, a goody bag or inclusion in the raffles. For a full list of the perks of both types of registration please see this page. (You may have to be logged in to the Brickworld site to see the page.)

David Gregory
Brickworld Castle Coordinator

ImageImage
♪ "Whether I'm the last one alive, or ascend before my time
Better I'm the last one alive, than a soul denied" ♫ —Demon Hunter
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: Brickworld 2011

Post by Bluesecrets »

Good day and I hope your castle planning goes infinitely well. I only am posting to tell you that you labeled your topic 2011 and I'm editing it to 2012 for you.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Re: Brickworld 2012

Post by Crazylegoman »

D'OH! :oops:
Thanks for the edit!

David
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Hey David. Is there anything you need for the display? Baseplates, extra figs, etc. let me know. I was hoping we could all get together again for dinner one night. It is nice to put a face to the names of people on the forums.

I am getting excited and trying to spend 20 hours each week building so I don't get crunched in late May and June. How is it coming along on your end?
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Hey David, I also got an e-mail from Brickworld about this years theme being towers. I can bring my skeleton tower to put into the collaborative display. It takes up a 30"x40" area and is desert themed as far as the terrain goes. I made a few improvements and it hasn't been to any shows since then. Let me know if I should register it.
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Post by Crazylegoman »

Hi Dale,

Dinner again this year would be great. I'm not sure what night would work best for everyone, but we can decide that at the event.

Your skeleton tower would be more than welcome, so feel free to register it. (Is it the one that had a volcano-ish look to it?) Extra baseplates, minifig and random foliage are always welcome too.

Thanks,
David
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

That is the one David, I hope it compliments everyone's fine work. Now I just have to find transport room. My castle layout has grown to 24 feet long... :twitch: This year it should be fully rebuilt and complete. Next year I can move onto a new project.

Do you have a lot of towers showing up yet? I am excited to see what the classic castle people have built this year. I loved last years display, and of course Ben's Pirate layout as well.

I registered the Moc and can't wait to see everyone. By the way who is coming out. This thread needs to come alive!

Tony (SavatheAggie) contacted me earlier about sharing a room, but I haven't heard from him again. I hope he can make it up from Houston.
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

I'll be coming along barring the unforeseen (registered today). Hoping Dale still has my space reserved ; )

Cheers and God Bless,

Nathan
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Be sure to take lots of pics for the rest of us!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Post by Crazylegoman »

Glad you can make it Nathan. With your schedule of abundant traveling, I didn't have any idea if you'd be back in this part of the country by June.

David
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

10 days until setup begins! I have so much to finish working on!
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

This will be my first time going to an event like this. Curious to see what it's all about.

Also planning to go to Medieval Times on Thursday night. :)
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Well... It will be certainly great to meet you Rogue. Are you displaying? Are you going to be at the collaborative table or elsewhere? I will be at both the collaborative table and a monstrosity of a castle layout based on the Crownies. Please make sure to introduce yourself.

Dale
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

Look forward to meeting you rogue. I should be floating around the Eurobricks display somewhere...

Cheers and God Bless,

Nathan
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

I'll be around somewhere. I'll have a mohawk and a clay Hammer of Thor necklace. Feel free to introduce oneself. ^-^;;
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]