Faction of the Knight from the Guarded Inn (6067)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
joee
Serf

Faction of the Knight from the Guarded Inn (6067)

Post by joee »

I was reading another blog/article recently that took for granted that the knight that comes with 6067 was a Lion Knight (Crusader). I always assumed he was a Black Falcon Knight stopping by at the Inn and that was just that. My rational was due to his colour scheme is more Black Falcon than Lion Knight and the set comes with a Black Falcon shield for him. However when I looked through the instructions the knight is never holding the shield (I always thought it just put his shield on the wall to rest) so it could be assumed he's a Lion Knight too.
It was somewhat shocking as it's my favorite knight and all this time I never thought about him being a Lion Knight.
What faction does everyone else assume he is?
mencot
Twifealdlic Builder

Re: Faction of the Knight from the Guarded Inn (6067)

Post by mencot »

I have always assumed him to be a Falcon knight visiting a crusader inn because of his clothes colors, but it could be the other way around too.
But the I think the truth is that as with some of these wall add-on sets that Lego included both faction shield and made it look a bit neutral that you can use it in all castles in that era. Say you own the Crusader kings castle you could include this set there and use it as Crusader knight and inn etc.
Sir Mencot Paladin and rogue
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/citizen3.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8244/8487960182_6a051704d4_t.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8120/8636932919_7220cc2cc9_m.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/mencot]Flickr[/url]
Scotts897
Serf

Post by Scotts897 »

I consider him to be a Black Falcon, considering the set comes with a Falcon Shield and a green flag. There is room for imagination here though, but the Lions already outnumber the Falcons, so why are we giving the Lions another unit?
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

To my knowledge, there are only 2 minifigs who MIGHT be Crusaders that have blue torsos (the Knights from 6067 and 6041). All the other Crusaders have red torsos. Also, apart from the 2 "questionable" ones, no Crusader knight ever wears a black grille helmet. There is ONE that *does* wear a black *helmet*, but it's got a dark gray visor (IE, not the standard one-piece visor helm).

The one in 6067 is (in my mind) amazingly clearly a Black Falcon. He's got no formal affiliation (he carries no shield), but it appears that his shield is supposed to be the Black Falcon shield which is held on the "inside" of the wall, and it also appears that his banner is the lance with a green flag (also a Black Falcon color at the time). Add in the fact that he's got a blue torso, and a black helmet? I'd say Black Falcon. The only reason to suspect that he'd be a Crusader would be that he's in a Crusader set, but that seems like a trifling amount of data to conclude his affiliation-- especially with so much conflicting data.

The one in 6041 is confounding, though. He's clearly got Crusader heraldry on his shield and flag, so there's not much question that he's a Crusader... Except that his torso's blue and his helmet is black, which are staples of Black Falcon fashion! So, he breaks all the rules for Crusader torso color and knight helmet color. I think he lost a bet.

DaveE
joee
Serf

Post by joee »

davee123 wrote:
The one in 6041 is confounding, though. He's clearly got Crusader heraldry on his shield and flag, so there's not much question that he's a Crusader... Except that his torso's blue and his helmet is black, which are staples of Black Falcon fashion! So, he breaks all the rules for Crusader torso color and knight helmet color. I think he lost a bet.

DaveE
Sometimes I think he's just trying on the black helmet to see what it would look like on and the grey helmet is his. Lol