Loreos Map, Redone!

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Hayden.
Reeve

Loreos Map, Redone!

Post by Hayden. »

Hail all,
After many sleepless nights, Mattiusxavier and I have toiled hard, to chart the lands of Loreos, and present it to you, to give you bearing and to help you locate and find your way, though our most precious lands.
Mattiusxavier, has painstakingly enlarged the map, and I have waded though bucket loads of data to plot all of the suggested cities and natural features.
We hope you like it, and use it.
This took a while but I like it, you see, after we found the original wasn't detailed enough, Matt and i decided to redo it, what do you think?
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: Loreos Map, Redone!

Post by AK_Brickster »

Looks pretty cool. Nice job, guys.

I think once we have all 4 maps' cities and geographic features mapped out, we'll see if anyone would be willing to do a more detailed version of each, either similar to what you've done here, or with a more traditional "hand-drawn" black and white technique (or maybe something in between). That way, we'll have a consistent look throughout all four maps.

I'm hoping to get Garheim done this weekend, since my wife is going to be out of town, and I'll have more free time :)
I think Lenfald is pretty well done as well.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Sir Bragallot
Artisan

Post by Sir Bragallot »

Yes, and just when I needed it too! It looks great. You even used Ferncroft and Cape Havoc! You guys rock! Is the Spice Village actually called Spice Village or do we still need a name for it? :lol: It's smart how Morastius-Renu and Toberg are so close together, I like that. The only thing I'd still suggest is adding the Princess' palace in the triangle between Egramond and the Great Eastern Dune Market because, that's where she lives and such. It'd also be good to have it as a central point of control for the desert, if only so people can resupply and rest when they're halfway through (it seems like an awfully long trek and the Palace could easily be supplied by the - rather - nearby city and market).
Last edited by Sir Bragallot on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21682]Enter the World of Westeron[/url]
mitah
Apprentice

Post by mitah »

I was just about to re-draw the Lenfald map in Illustrator, but I guess you are using some kind of cartography tool... I think it's about time to make a large map of Roawia.

I really like the map, it's much better than the current working draft.
[url=http://merlins-beard.com/board/8/lands-roawia][img]http://www.roawia.byethost7.com/files/?file ... -small.png[/img][/url] “Accept His Noodly Magnificence into your heart, into your soul, and ye shall forever be free. R'Amen.” – Ragu
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

Sir Bragallot wrote:
Nope it is actually called spice village.
mitah wrote:
yeah, someone should re draw the map, like this one.
AK_Brickster wrote:/quote]
I can't claim credit of drawing this, Matt did it, But yeah, we planned everything out and add it on, complying with all the needed stuff.
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

This looks fabulous!! :D I really appreciate you and Matt doing this for Loreos. :)
Sir Bragallot wrote:Yes, and just when I needed it too! It looks great. You even used Ferncroft and Cape Havoc! You guys rock!
The name "Cape Havoc" just worked really well for the pointy peninsula just west of the Capitol. :D
Hayden.
Reeve

Post by Hayden. »

Which is why I'm building a scene depicting sailing round the wild cape havoc, in the middle of a storm!
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Post by richardanthonyc »

very cool map and great detail but shouldn't it be in the faction thread to avoid cluttering the board with loads of LCC threads?
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
lord_of_orks
Squire

Post by lord_of_orks »

richardanthonyc wrote:very cool map and great detail but shouldn't it be in the faction thread to avoid cluttering the board with loads of LCC threads?
yes, I think that would be best, but seeing as this is specifically Loreos its up to your FO if he wants this closed or not(with the CC staffs approval of coarse).
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... rd-of-orks]brickshelf[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lord_of_orks/6939512687/]flicker[/url]
one for all! all for one! every man for him self!
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

I'm Allright with it. Hayden gave his reasons in the Loreos thread...
Hayden. wrote:I thought about doing that, but I felt that its our map, It should be here, but it should also be admired by non loreos people, becasue not everyone looks at other factions threads.
As long as the CC staff are ok with, it I think it's fine. :)
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Post by richardanthonyc »

well there are already a number of LCC threads that are not used that are cluttering the board and adding one to essencially show off only adds to the clutter IMO and added to the fact its already in the faction thread makes it a double post. 8)
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

This map thread is fine. Its fine that it has a double post. Although, it might have been better to post it in the map thread, which is not locked.

But what is not fine is all the posts that are "chatter." I have been trying to get many of you to realize that your posts need to contain content, not just conversation. Some of this thread could have taken place in private messages. Not every single thought you have needs to be a post. You can think "oh this is funny" and not post it to the forum. I think what needs to be thought of before you click "submit" is does this post have any content that needs to be heard? Does it continue the conversation? Is it really needed? Or is it just a thought I am having?

I have reminded you. Two admins have reminded you. I'm reminding you yet again. I do not know what else to do to get my point across, but my point needs to be heard, understood, AND followed. You are all members of Classic Castle. You HAVE to follow the rules and terms of service. I'm trying to be very kind and gentle with guiding you how things run around here, but at some point, when it seems that people are not listening and attempting to follow the procedures, then consequences may take place.

Now unfortunately, I am going to lock this thread for it is slowly descending into an argument, which is not necessary. As well it has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand, which was the map. Please keep your comments on topic.

Please leave the moderating to the staff. Thank you.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!